• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Chris Caffery---- Faces

[ QUOTE ]
    The new Fates is fantastic [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Eh, it didn't do much for me on the first listen. I listened to it a couple more times and it is growing on me, but it's just not up to par with the old stuff, IMO. It's really now (has been for awhile) the Jim Matheos show, and he really doesn't seem to want to do much heavy stuff any more. He seems to be more interested in programming keyboards/synths for some weird effects than playing guitar. I heard Mark Zonder also left the band after recording the drums for this album. And Ray's my favorite singer and really seems to be the only thing keeping my interest in the band nowadays... though, I wish he would expand his range and start hitting some high notes like he used to back in the day. While the album does seem to have a few cool moments, I'm quite disappointed overall.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"The new Fates is fantastic"

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... I HATE it .....BORRRRRRRING!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

now that i have listened to fates about 10 times, its growing on me. ray's voice on "another perfect day" is a highlight

Comment

savatage may be on a "looooong" hiatus, but now we've got jon oliva's pain, chris cafferyt's faces and zak stevens doing circleiicircle...which are all on par with the most recent savatage releases.

Comment

What intro song is that on his website and on the Savatage webpage?

Comment

It's "Sirens" on the Savatage website and "Abandoned" on Caffery's website.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                It's "Sirens" on the Savatage website and "Abandoned" on Caffery's website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you man.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X