King Diamond.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Diamond.......

I just got the power tab for the Invisible guest and the solos in it are amazing. It is a style that I've never seen before, with a lot of pivot notes and arpegios.

Can someone tell me about Andys style, like what kind of modes and scales this stuff is. I have the "Them " album and like I said the solos are a style that I'm not familiar with as faar as playing.

I'm sure there are a lot of others out there but I'm mainly not into all the real hard stuff, I just happened to get ths KD cd and liked the guitar work alot.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: King Diamond.......

I think it's not about modes and scales but it's all in the great talent of Andy

Comment

the best things abount andy's playing are: he plays with feeling and melodically. if you look at the tab for his solos, it doesn't look difficult; but the way he plays it is what makes it memorable/interesting/superior.

Comment

Andy is and always will be one of my all time favourites. I think he is highly underrated, and a lot better than many more exposed guitar players.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I forgot to mention the other guitarist also, Pete Blakk, I'm not sure who's doing what on the record but they both smoke!
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Congrats on discovering one of the premier 90s metal guitarists/writers. Andy LaRoque is one of my favs... Definitely a huge influence on me and a really tasty player.

I agree, his style is sorta offbeat. Took me a bit to grab his solos when I used to work on them and they still elude in many ways as far as easily ripping it off.

Since you have "Them" already, you realllly need to get "Abigail" (with Michael Denner as the other guitarist) next, that is one of his (and Kings) finest moments IMO. "Conspiracy" is one of my big faves as well.

Comment

YESSUMS!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

andy laroque is a great player. however, michael denner of mercyful is waaaay underated. check out his solos on "melissa"...the melodies of his solos are more memorable that the lyrics.

Comment

andy likes to use harmonic minor alot. his style is one of my favorites

you must get "conspiracy" it is the sequal to THEM and probably his best album of all time!!!!!!
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

check out metal sludge..there is a cool 20 questions with King. Also, they just announced new tour dates...including 2 shows in NYC at BB King's...let get some JCF's there to check out Andy's playing!

Comment

Andy LaRoque is truely a king among men in the guitar world. His lines in the song "House of God" send chills down my back every time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        check out metal sludge..there is a cool 20 questions with King.

[/ QUOTE ]

A LINK TO THAT would be nice. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          check out metal sludge..there is a cool 20 questions with King. Also, they just announced new tour dates...including 2 shows in NYC at BB King's...let get some JCF's there to check out Andy's playing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gimmie the dates and I'm there! Beer!
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention the other guitarist also, Pete Blakk, I'm not sure who's doing what on the record but they both smoke!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's one site dedicated to King Diamond with every single guitar tab, transcribed by just two 25 yo guys.
                            I have never seen such a complicated tabs ... Those two hear and write down everything, and it's correct! OMG! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think you have to smoke too, if you wanna rip songs like King Diamond.

Comment

Ups, they are three of them. Mika, Russ and Langus.

Comment

Working...
                              X