Cacophony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cacophony

What amps were Becker and Friedman using for Go Off!? I seem to remember something about ADA MP-1's in their racks, but the liner notes say they were endorsed by Carvin at the time. Anybody know?

Re: Cacophony

I think they were ADA dude ..and Marty used to run a Digitech Ib (somethin) harmonizer ...I used to have one...I never figured out how to work it at the time so I ditched it...

I believe they used the ADA stuff on their Shrapnel solo stuff as well ..Marty's "Dragon's Kiss" and Jason's "Perpetual Burn"..I could be wrong.

Hey dude just a good ol tip from me ..if you really enjoy the Cacaphony stuff..

Please check into APOCRYPHA ..

They have three must have classics!!!

"The Forgotten scroll" (their best) IMO
    "Area 54"
    "The Eyes of Time"

I burned a copy of The forgotten scroll for Glen Drover ...I can see why he likes it.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I thought they used Carvin too... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Man I remember Apocrypha. Haven't seen anyplace to get one of their CDs in at least 10yrs

Comment

They used ADA MP-1 mostly.
          Jason used Marshall and Boss Super Overdrive on his solo records and DLR A Lil' Ain't Enough
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Carvin Geetars ...just like Alex Masi at the time.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

So this image is just for ads purposes?

Comment

yes, that ad was just part of his endorsement deal. They played Carvin guitars, not their amps.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have that halfstack BTW. And I dig those boots!

Comment

Yeah I always heard it was ADA MP-1's
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Great icon Mordor!
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Eheh,thanks!That pic has a fun story!The other guitarist of my band work in a cellphone repair center.Some day a chick brought her cellphone sayin that it did not work anymore.Now guess where my avatar come from! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i second the recommendation to check out Apocrypha....killer guitar work, excellent songs

Comment

When I saw em live at Gazarris on the Go Off Tour they both played Thru Carvin amps
                            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              When I saw em live at Gazarris on the Go Off Tour they both played Thru Carvin amps

[/ QUOTE ]

Were it real carvin amps, or just carvin covers. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X