Vinnie Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vinnie Moore

Well Rune ...I said the list is endless...

but I could name everyone including Skolnick if you like.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

James Murphy is cool too!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

To compare Vinnie to Macalpine is just not fair. Macalpine is a god among musicians, he belongs to the same pantheon as Ron Jarzombeck, Jason Becker and Allan Holdsworth at the same time!

Vinnie's amazing though, and very solid. With a lot of players it tends to be hit or miss but once Vinnie's involved it's for sure a great thing.

If only he played a Charvel.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Well the comparison between MacAlpine and Moore will always be ...both came out about the same time on the same Shrapnel label..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Vinnie lived up the street from me back in the day, and I actually met him a few times. Cool guy. The guy who builds my guitars and works on them was Vinnies first guitar teacher. I've taken a few lessons from him, but he couldn't make me play like Vinnie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Hey remember Dave Chastaine? Whatever happened to him? He was in the same field as all those guys.

Comment

Dave was a regular here in the clubs. I partied with his band before, when Leather was the singer...

He's still playing, just not too out front these days. He never really made the shred scene for some reason like the rest of those guys.. Weird, as he was pretty darn good, and quite a cool guy.

Comment

I think he's mostly focused on running his label now, David T. Chastain...the first two Firewind albums were released on that label IIRC. Gus G. is supposedly a big Chastain fan.

Comment

So, is Vinnie playing on the whole new UFO album, or just a few songs? Where did Michael Schenlker go?
                  I think Vinnie had a nice tone, a darker one, that Yngwie's, but he wasn't meant to sound like him. It's a matter of personal preference, really. What gear did he use? Something like a JCM 800 with distortion pedal and a Jackson/Ibanez? I got his two albums recently. He simply rocks!

Comment

Vinnie Moore [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I am not ashamed to say that I copped his picking style. I LOVE Time Odyssey!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      So, is Vinnie playing on the whole new UFO album, or just a few songs? Where did Michael Schenlker go?
                      I think Vinnie had a nice tone, a darker one, that Yngwie's, but he wasn't meant to sound like him. It's a matter of personal preference, really. What gear did he use? Something like a JCM 800 with distortion pedal and a Jackson/Ibanez? I got his two albums recently. He simply rocks!

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Nowadays he uses a MusicMan Silhouette, modified with a Floyd Rose. For amplification I believe he's using a Cornford head and cabinet.

Comment

David Chastain is another great one that people tend to overlook. The funny part is when I put on one of his albums and don't tell my friends who it is they go nutz for it. He's a really versatile guitar player, from neo-classical to fusion, acoustic, metal he does it al and does it well.

Not to mention he's a simply amazing producer, if I were ever to record an album he would be my dream producer. Check out his production on the Chastain, Firewind, Kenziner, Zanister etc. The man's a machine!
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                        X