jackson/Ace sighting last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson/Ace sighting last night

(I think [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

There was a 'pre-halloween' show in a converted warehouse in an appropriately sketchy section of downtown LA last night, the bands were:

Cattle Decapitation
    Graves at Sea
    Mange
    Crom
    Lightning Swords of Death
    Watch Me Burn
    Eat the Living

I was primarily there for Graves at Sea; they're an incredibly heavy doom band from arizona and they've totally blown me away every time I've seen them. They were a bit of a weird inclusion in this line-up; the main persuasion, musically, was pretty grindy wacked out (but cool) stuff. The ADD-addled grind kids didn't really know what to make of Graves (it was the first time I'd seen people 'moshing' to doom [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Mange was also a highlight for me, nice kinda crusty, groovy sort of stuff very much along the lines of EYEHATEGOD or maybe Grief. (ahh, and the bit of relevance to this forum, one of the guitarists/singer was playing a soloist of some sort [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] )

I'm pretty sure I spotted fellow JCFer Ace (I think I recognized him from that LA metal tv thingy), but I wasn't sure and right about that time I got a call from a friend and had to leave (just before cattle decap's set, unfortunately; I've heard their new album is fantastic).

The show was a blast, lots of costumes, plenty of black inverted crosses hung around the warehouse, nice red lighting in the bathrooms; all-around fun halloween atmosphere [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

RAWK!

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: jackson/Ace sighting last night

Confirmed. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X