Griffin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffin

pretty damn good Norwegian metal...and for once it's not black metal! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...I suspect only Bill may have heard of them, anyway to the point: their latest album called "No Holds Barred" has some rather creative songwriting IMO the stuff feels fresh yet honors the 80's and 90's melodic metal. They have 3 guitarists and they all play Jacksons...there is a video for "The Sentence" where the guitars shine in all their glory!
    Here's their webpage so go check em out! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- Rune.

Re: Griffin

Deja vu!

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...rev=#Post93329

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

not bad, very 80's 90's ish. reminds me of like Europe, Helloween, or that band that did "Future World" what i like to call Happy Metal
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Deja vu! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well, I missed the one you pasted as I was not yet a member. The band is pretty good though. May have a pick up a few of their albums.

Comment

damn...I obviously gotta lay off the Jack Daniels for a while!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I thought I had done a thread on Pagan's Mind..not griffin...oh well.

anyway..wouldn't call it happy metal!!
          enjoy the madness [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Rune.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sorry about that man!!! I just remember your Firewind topic that turned me onto Firewind, and then shortly after, you posted a Griffin topic so naturally I wanted to check them out too! That's how I remember Griffin. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Or maybe you thought the band was so good that you had to recommend them again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

haha, no worries NOTP! BTW, are you sending me those vocal tracks of yours? I want to check it out see how it compares to what I've come up with so far...

Comment

Blabbermouth.net reports:

GRIFFIN: New Album To Be Mixed By KING DIAMOND Guitarist - Oct. 31, 2004
                Norwegian metallers GRIFFIN will enter Godt Selskap studios in Trondheim, Norway before the end of the year to begin recording their fourth full-length album, tentatively due next spring/summer via FaceFront Records. The follow-up to last year's "No Holds Barred" will be mixed by Andy LaRoque (KING DIAMOND) at his Los Angered Studio in Gothenborg, Sweden beginning on February 3, 2005.

"No Holds Barred" was recorded at Skansen Lydstudio in Trondheim, Norway under the co-production guidance of CHILDREN OF BODOM frontman Alexi Laiho. In addition to co-producing the effort, Laiho laid down guest guitar and vocals on the CD.

Comment

Working...
                X