Dissection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissection

I've listened to a clip of the new album and....it....it sux!!!!It's fu*kin horrible!!It seems like a song played by some young lame swedish death metal band clone!!Someone please tell me it's a joke!!You can download the clip from the official site www.dissection.nu
    [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Re: Dissection

I was also very disappointed with it. Let's just hope that the rest of the album is more along the lines of songs like Night's Blood or Retribution...

Comment

yeah I've heard that clip is "iffy" at best. I'm not goign to bother with the clip. Dissection rules! errr.. ruled?

we'll see I guess. Prison probably had it's desired effect on these guys.

Comment

The clip is okay. Nothing great, but not that bad either.

Comment

Sounds like an In Flames B-side to me.

Comment

I'll see them this evening in Hamburg... of course I hope they play lots of old stuff.
            This will get interesting, because everybody who's coming will just expect them to play all the classics.
            They'll surely play new songs, but will they live up to the expectations?

I'll download that clip now... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Don't listen to that clip til the end of the show!!! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

skinny metal head that just wanted to rip, goes to prison.

comes out a skinhead beefcake who just wants to be heavey and tough.

its a shame.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I'm a huge fan of The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane, so naturally I was looking forward to hearing some new Dissection...and now I wish I hadn't. I listened to that clip they day they put it up on the site, and was completely disappointed. There were hints of "classic" Dissection, but I can only hope that it's not an indication of what to expect on their next full-length.
                  sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I'll see them this evening in Hamburg... of course I hope they play lots of old stuff.
                    This will get interesting, because everybody who's coming will just expect them to play all the classics.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them in Helsinki last thursday and they ruled! The gig lasted almost 2 hours, but the sounds were like s**t. The setlist was:

At the Fathomless Depths (tape)
                    Black Horizons
                    Frozen
                    Night's Blood
                    Maha Kali
                    Soulreaper
                    Where Dead Angels Lie
                    No Dreams Breed in Breathless Sleep (tape)
                    Retribution - Storm of the Light's Bane
                    Unhallowed
                    Thorns of Crimson Death
                    Heaven's Damnation
                    In the Cold Winds of Nowhere
                    The Somberlain

Elisabeth Bathory
                    A Land Forlorn

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

What can you tell us about the new song?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them in Helsinki last thursday and they ruled! The gig lasted almost 2 hours, but the sounds were like s**t. The setlist was:

At the Fathomless Depths (tape)
                        Black Horizons
                        Frozen
                        Night's Blood
                        Maha Kali
                        Soulreaper
                        Where Dead Angels Lie
                        No Dreams Breed in Breathless Sleep (tape)
                        Retribution - Storm of the Light's Bane
                        Unhallowed
                        Thorns of Crimson Death
                        Heaven's Damnation
                        In the Cold Winds of Nowhere
                        The Somberlain

Elisabeth Bathory
                        A Land Forlorn

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The gig yesterday was great as well, we got almost the same setlist, but they left out "In the cold winds of nowhere" and "A Land Forlorn", although it was on the paper.
                        Still a 1 3/4 hour set that ruled, the sound was actually pretty good too.
                        The new song "Maha Kali" didn't match up to the others, though.

Since I stood first row in the middle with my face just a few inches away from Jon Nödtveidt, I got to see his beaten up Les Paul Custom in all detail... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

awesome, wishful thinking but i hope someday they come down to sydney..Storm of the light's bane is one of my all time fave albums, heard the new stuff, pretty **** awful....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

The gig yesterday was great as well, we got almost the same setlist, but they left out "In the cold winds of nowhere" and "A Land Forlorn", although it was on the paper.
                            Still a 1 3/4 hour set that ruled, the sound was actually pretty good too.
                            The new song "Maha Kali" didn't match up to the others, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great to hear! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Yeah, and it had long solo part that sounded a bit mismatch

Comment

The new song sounds more like folk metal a la Moonsorrow to me, except here are no keyboards. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X