Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic request - Mustaine with Sunburst King V Pro

Ok Megadeth fans help me out here. I'm looking for pics
    of Dave playing his Cherry Sunburst Jackson King V Pro. I've seen it on Youthanasia and Cryptic Writings tour. He also used a similar USA custom KV with a Floyd but I'm talking about the Kahler version with King V Pro text on the truss rod cover.
    Thanks for your help! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Re: Pic request - Mustaine with Sunburst King V Pro

I know the one you're talking about. I think he had it in a D'Addario ad.

Comment

I have the D'Addario ads and those are cool. I'm looking
      for live shots from the tours. Suprising how little
      there is on the web. I have a couple of bootlegs and Dave plays most of the shows with the sunburst KV pro. I'd like
      to see some good pics of that too...

Comment

I've got a picture of him with that guitar in a magazine i have, i'll figure out a way of putting it on the computer [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Re: Pic request - Mustaine with Sunburst King V Pr

having you tried folding it up and feeding it in to your floppy drive?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

no, i thought just pushing it up to the monitor would work [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

are you doing that now? I think I can see it..... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

This is the best i could do, and is this the guitar you are looking for?

93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

That's a nice King V, I'd never spend money on it, though.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanks for the great pic! That's the one with Floyd Rose. If someone has pics of the Kahler version please post them here.
                    I should get a sunburst King V Pro this week...

Comment

I don't think the one with the fixed Kahler was a King V Pro, was it? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually there never was a King V Pro with Floyd. They were
                        all with Kahler but Mustaine of course got whatever he wanted. I have two videos where Dave plays with a sunburst King V Pro with Kahler. He also used that for two D'Addario ads. There is no "made in USA" text on the headstock. Back when King V Pros were out (1993-95) it was the only Mustaine signature guitar and cost 1500-1700USD plus 190 USD more for case. I've been searching for info on those were the past few days. I have two catalogs and two price lists from that time. It seems like those were made in USA all the way - just put together in Japan?!

Comment

mmm, now i see where he got his bright idea for his ESP "special run" flame V's.

Comment

It was originally a King V pro with Kahler non trem and was modded with Floyd Rose and locking nut.
                            He had couple other King V pro on that tour(Youthanasia)and all had modded bridges such as White KIng V pro with string thru, Black King V Pro with fixed bridge(not Kahler).
                            I have a magazine page with his gear pics from that tour but don't have a scanner to post [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info! That gear pic would be awesome! The videos I have with the Kahler non trem King V Pro are the last european date of Youthanasia tour and the first European date of Cryptic Writings tour plus a Dr. Music festival gig. He plays a sunburst King V Pro with gold hardware, non trem Kahler and "King V Pro" truss rod cover.
                              The modding of one King V Pros would make sense since they were all build with Kahlers.
                              Does anyone know if they used poplar wings also for the maple top King V Pro? It seems that way in the catalogs but then again they don't say anything about the maple top.

Comment

Working...
                              X