Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlos Cavazo's Soloist

Hi
    Just watched Quiet Riot "Live ! In The 21st Century" on DVD. Carlos plays Jackson Soloists . The main one is HH with a green sparkle paint job + flame inlays all the way down the fretboard. The other is a HSS with Blue Ghost Flames.
    has anyone else seen this DVD ? I think Carlos guitar sound is way too compressed + way too much gain . Has anyone else an opinion on this ?
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Re: Carlos Cavazo\'s Soloist

I never saw the DVD, but I saw them live about 2 years ago and he was playing his soloists. I thought they were really good. They even did a song for Randy. I also got pretty close to Sarizo after show. As far as tone, it was okay when I saw them. But he was playing thru Marshall DSL's, and that should speak for itself, if you know what I meen, lol.

Comment

I saw QR live about 2-3 years back and Carlos played both the green Custom Shop SL2H with the flame inlay that ran the entire fretboard and the SL1 with the blue ghost flames... both axes looked killer in person, espcially the green SL2H. If I recall he was using a POD as a preamp into a power amp of some sort. I belive I also saw an ADA MP1 in his rack as well. I had front row tickets, so I had a great view of the stage. As far as his tone and being overcompressed, I don't recall it blowing me away, but I thought he sounded good for what he was using gearwise. Either way, Carlos is pretty phenominal player in my book.

Comment

I always had some respect for Carlos because he shares the same birthday as me.. I think he was a very underated guitarist and think he could have done much better in a different band!

Comment

i agree...the guitar sound was way too hot in the mix...also, didn't think the song selection was that great. i had higher expections...viewed it once then sold it on ebay!

Comment

Here's a tidbit of info.... Carlos thanks Kevin Easton in the liner notes of their last CD..... Thought that was kinda neat.

Comment

I saw QR a couple of years ago and he had the green soloist w/ the flame inlays. He was running through a Marshall 900 SLX or whatever the letters are. I remember straining to see what amp he was using, and it was definitely a 900.

Comment

Working...
              X