Jake E. Lee and Badlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake E. Lee and Badlands

I just got off the phone with Jake and Varney and you would not believe how incredible Jake sounds, very happy and sarcastic at the same time. I spoke to him about Badlands and asked him about the bootlegs that were out there and he said that he would love to hear some of them. He said the coolest part of their live shows was when they would play an encore with old cover songs. He said he didn't have any of those songs on tape. I suggested to him that I can make a request on the board for anyone who might have some Badlands bootlegs and want to submit them to jake by MP3 or on a disc, he thought that would be killer. I know this is a strange request, but very cool also. Let me know if anyone has anything cool like that.

Re: Jake E. Lee and Badlands

Cool. So he's getting help with his problems or is he just ticking away the days?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

He's doing great, when I meant sarcastic, I meant in a fun smart A$$ kind of way.

Comment

fasteddieclark, you need to be promoted to Senior Member status pronto, just for sharing this information and keeping us posted like you are.
        Thank you!!

Let Jake know I am also looking forward to his release and will buy a few copies!

Jake is Back!! WoooHooooo!!!!

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Chuck, but I'm afraid I'm about a million posts away from the time that others have put in to be senior members. I'm lucky enough to be dear friends with Mike Varney and when things come up like this, I like to share with the people who have followed Jake throughout his career. When I spoke with him last night he said he thought it was extremely cool that people are still looking forward to hearing him play.

Comment

That's good to hear.

Comment

Jake is a very solid and tight rhythm player. He always provided great song structure with killer riffs and layers. Not too shabby on lead either! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Cool stage presense also.

First saw him in '83 back with Ozzy before his name was widely known in guitar circles. Always liked Jake with Ozzy & Badlands. Ozzy and Jake material would have shined even greater with the production on his Badlands stuff.

Glad his personal life isn't mimicking EVH's. Jake can smoke EVH any day of the week. Happy to hear he's motivated to be creatively productive and not in his own way like you know who. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Fasteddie,
                Thanks for the update on Jake. Please keep it comin! Always great to hear good news. If you get a chance, please tell Jake I'm looking forward to hearing some new stuff from him - been a longtime fan, alwyas have and always will.

Sorry I don't have any bootlegs but maybe this will help.

http://www.bootlegvideos.com/

He's got a lot of audio and video. Maybe you and Jake can pick up something from him. Good luck.

John

Comment

Working...
                X