Slayer DVD/Still Raining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer DVD/Still Raining

Did anyone get this DVD yet. It is a killer DVD and I have loved Slayer since the beginning and they still rock out. it really captures the energy of thier playing and how really skilled they all are on their particular instruments. Jeff Hanneman is just scary good at times it`s silly, and he does this all while banging his head 1 million miles an hour. I just rented it this time, but I will be buying it very soon. Jack.

Re: Slayer DVD/Still Raining

Bought this the day it came out, only $12.99 Canadian at HMV! Awesome DVD \m/

Comment

Wow! Its out? I am need to get that!

Comment

Does it have lots of older songs on it? I'd love to fire up some Slayer on my Stewart Firehawk.............

Comment

They performed Reign in Blood in its entirety and with the old backdrop. Otherwise from what I remember the concert was pretty much the same as the last 3 times I have seen them.

Comment

I love Slayer at small venues. My fav show was at a little club in Jersey right before Diabolis came out. They played Death's Head and one or two of the [then] newer songs (War Ensamble and somethin' else) and then the rest was all old Sh!t. Fukin' insane!!! My speed work out is to put on Reign in Blood and play as much of all 28 mins in a row as I know (which is most except the solos [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - If you can keep up with Slayer, everything else is nothin'). One must of course play the Black SL2 or my '89 King V (one of the only times that guitar gets played anymore)!

Anyway, where is the DVD filmed? Features?
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

It was filmed in Augusta Maine this past summer. I haven't seen the DVD yet, so I am not sure what the extras are.

Comment

They play Reign in Blood in it's entirety, and the features include some bonus tracks which are War Ensemble, Hallowed Point, Spill The Blood, and maybe 3 others, but the other 3 are more standard songs that I can't remember (Probably South of Heaven and some other tunes...) There's also a 20 minute segment or so where they interview the members in Slayer, nothing too interesting but cool nontheless....But the DVD is worth it since it costs less than the RiB CD does brand new...

Comment

It's killer! Tom's voice is great and it's a really good show!

Tom's voice was awesome when I saw them in Stockholm September 14th too, an amazing show!

Anders
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I got it, it rules. Finally being able to see them play Hallowed Point was pretty cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I got it, it rules. Finally being able to see them play Hallowed Point was pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree! Me and my friends were more or less joking about it in the car when we went to see them one month ago, it was OCTOBER 14th.. not September [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] And when they actually played I we thought heaven was around the corner or something. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                      It's not exactly one of the more common tunes on recent tours!

Anders
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

it is on sale at best buy for 10 dollars this week.... I might have to go pick me up a copy.

Comment

I saw them at the end of September, and was also pleasantly surprised about Necrophiliac, At Dawn They Sleep and Hallowed Point. Dave **** up @ the 1st chorus from Angel Of Death, though - he played it twice as long (like the 2nd or 3rd choruses, the 1st is only half as long as those), which obviously confused Tom somewhat. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

How does the blood rain look on the DVD?

Comment

i seen them at Ozzfest the day before Namm in Nashville, they had the old R.I.B. backdrop up,,,,it was killer,,,i just wish it was a little darker outside. it smoked anyway [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X