Music DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music DVDs

we had a topic like this a while ago (couldn't find the old one) where we recommended good music DVDs.. with all the new releases over the past month it's time for a new one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good music DVDS:
    Steve Vai - Live @ Astoria London, great setlist, good sound recording and great guitar playing

Slayer - Live at warfield, I know some people don't like the sound quality, but I think this is a great DVD

Epica - We will take you with us, don't know if it's out in he US yet.. great band, great people

Cradle Of Filth - Heavy Left Handed DVD. I like CoF.. and I think this DVD is pretty good

Nightwish - From Wishes To Eternity DVD. If you like NW, you'll love this DVD

fun DVD:
    Children of Bodom - Trashed Lost and stungout DVD EP. couple of videos, couple of live videos and a segment where the bandmembers just.. have fun, it's really funny to watch (alexi spray paints his eye by accident)

and I'd like some opinions on Megadeth - Rude Awakening DVD
    is it any good?
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Re: Music DVDs

I haven't gotten the CoB DVD yet, gonna get it pretty soon now.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The CoB DVD doesn't have a whole lot of substance to it.

the tour of helsinki is hilarious.

another good DVD is the new Strapping Young Lad DVD. The sound isn't all that great but it gives you an idea of just how nuts the band is..and watching Gene Hoglan is awe-inspiring. Hilarity ensues during the last song (the toungue-in-cheek power metal song...Far Beyond Metal, a fan jumps on stage..obviously hammered and sings the chorus...terribly it is really funny)

Comment

Yea, I have the Vai, Cradle of Filth and Children of Bodom dvd's. The Vai and CoF dvds are really good, but I would'nt recommend the CoB dvd unless you're a big fan. As someone already said, there isn't much to it. Norther also released a dvd along the same lines as children of bodom's and I would'nt recommend that one either.

I really want Nightwish and Stratovarius's dvds, I just never get around to ordering them.

Comment

i'd recommend most dream theater dvds, especially the live scenes from new york dvd. killer setlist, and LOTS of songs btw. i can't comment on the budokan dvd as i dont have it yet (afaik it's not yet released in europe??

ozzy's live at the budokan dvd is very nice, too. killer guitar playing.

the saxon dvd is pretty nice, too.....i forgot it's name [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ah, btw: i dont think the nightwish dvd is that good. maybe their live shows are like that, but there is way too much pre-recorded stuff imo, especially keyboard parts. tarja is hot, though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're talking about Stratovarius's Infinite Visions DVD, it isn't that great. They have about 5 of their videos and all of the concert footage is from a handheld video recorder. The sound quality sucks and they don't even show full songs. But, the videos are pretty cool.

Comment

I just saw Slayer`s Still Raining DVD, very-very good, highly reccomended. I think I am going to orfer that one and War at The Warfeild soon. Jack.

Comment

My favorite DVD is Electric Eye by Judas Priest. That is until Therion get around to releasing something on DVD...........

Comment

why is it that people constantly misspell the new slayer dvd??? it is called "still REIGNING", not still RAINING.

besides that, i dont think it's as good as the war at the warfield dvd. the sound quality isnt that great, and it is a bit short imo. a couple of songs more would have been nice. the "raining blood" fx during the last song is really cool, though.
                  but i dont quite get it.....surely, those guys are great rhythm players and songwriters (hell, it's SLAYER), but maaan...they just plain SUCK at lead playing. kerry doesn't do much more than hitting random notes, and jeff is pretty sloppy live...ok, he's also pretty drunk live [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but dammit, listen to zakk wylde, i bet that guy is even more drunk than jeff, and his playing is great nevertheless.

Comment

Rude Awakenings is a good DVD. Great sound, good performances, and a good setlist. Go get it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Other must-haves:
                    Dio - Evil or Divine
                    Dokken - Live from the Sun
                    Joe Satriani - Live in San Francisco
                    Ozzy - Live at the Budokan
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Metallica - Live ****: Binge & Purge

Have to throw it in there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        and I'd like some opinions on Megadeth - Rude Awakening DVD
                        is it any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO it is not bad. If you want to hear dave and 3 others play megadeth songs, that is what you will get... nothing fancy or special. They play some of the songs from The World Needs a Hero, and they play some of their old stuff.
                        Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                        The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Napalm Death - the DVD
                          Neurosis - A Sun That Never Sets
                          Necrophagia - Through the Eyes of the Dead

Comment

Ace you forgot one.

DEATH- Live in L.A.

it doesn't get much better than that one IMO

Comment

Yeah, Ace, how could you forget THAT one? You're in the audience, right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Or is that my bud Lou?
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X