Anybody into Imagika ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody into Imagika ???

I just love this band. They're a San Fran Bay area band that basically just continued on where Exodus, Testament and early Metallica left off.

Re: Anybody into Imagika ???

I've heard a lot about them and some of my friends know them personally. Haven't had a chance to hear them yet, which is lame, considering I've lived in the Bay Area since 1976.

Another good band from the area is Zero Hour.

Comment

lol... my ex-roommate Pat Toms is their newest guitarist. Our last rehearsal studio was next door to them. I used to listen to them all the time. Good old school thrash! Elana is wicked on that bass... she is so tight to the drummer, it's amazing to listen to. She rips up the bass.

They were a working band back when Exodus, Testament and Violence were still big in the bay. They've been around for over 10 years. They're pretty damn good. They often play with Testament, Dragonlord or Exodus.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno, you know anything about the KxK guitars they play?

Comment

I thought about buying the white KxK V from the site, but opted for a Black/Silver dragon KV2 instead... anyway, Imagika is a good band, hot bassist too.

Comment

Good band - Norm and Henry are good people, too. I spent quite a bit of time drunk with them at ProgPower this year. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Their forthcoming disc will be by far the best thing they've ever done, based on the four tunes I've heard so far.
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Pat played Ibanez and ESP, and the blonde dude, mostly custom BC Riches. I don't know about anything new they have. They moved from our old studio location close to a year and a half ago, and I haven't seen them since Pat joined them.

So sorry, I don't have a clue.

Comment

I did find their web site... their in-stock NAMM guitars are up for sale for $1000 each.

http://www.kxkguitars.com

They're in the 619 area code.. San Diego... Maybe one of the LA area guys could take a trip and give a test drive on a few of their axes...

Comment

that white/gold one is badass. with the 85 at bridge and 81 at neck, maaaaaan!

Comment

Yeah they're pretty cool

Zero Hour is awesome..

Imagika is pretty good...not awesome..I have their first and "So It Burns"..the tunes on "so it burns" is a bit dis-jointed ...some songs sound like a couple riffs cut and pasted together without much thought....they have some good moments though.

But I'm a perfectionist ...a metal elitist ...I suppose.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X