Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opened for Damageplan & met Dimebag last night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opened for Damageplan & met Dimebag last night....

My band was on the bill with Damageplan, Shadows Fall, & The Haunted last night in Pittsburgh.

I really wanted to ask Dime about that old red HRF Strathead (Charvel Central guys will know what I'm talking about) but I didn't get to.
    I did get to shake his hand & say thanks for being an inspiration, though.

Dime had a killer arsenal of new Dean ML's. One was totally black, one a very nice tobacco sunburst, one kind of wine red, & then two graphics......one looked like molten lava or something & the other graphic was a really killer winter camo.

For amps.... there were three double stacks of KRANK amps. I'm assuming these were solid state per Dime's usual preference. I don't know much about these amps, but they sounded big & crunchy as you would expect.

As for Dime's pedalboard.....I thought it was funny that there was no MXR Dimebag distortion pedal.....but there was an MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive, along with Dime's signature Crybaby from Hell, a Digitech Whammy pedal, & a Boss NS2 noise suppresssor.

Re: Opened for Damageplan & met Dimebag last night....

Congrats on the gig! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] must have been great!Kranks are tube amps and don't have a good rep, though maybe they built him some good ones and/or decided to build a solid state model for Dime. Glad to hear he's getting a good sound with them; lots of people wondered.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Tremendous ball drop on not asking about the Charvel. You're out!

Comment

Here is the link to the Damageplan pics you can see Dime's new Deans inclduing the Winter Camo and Dimebolt?
        http://www.rockersdigest.com/Default...2&artid=78

Comment

weird, he always said for his damageplan sound he wouldn;t use the NS-2.

Comment

Dude, that is awesome! Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

that's cool! Congrats!!
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Tremendous ball drop on not asking about the Charvel. You're out!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know. I'm kind of pissed at myself in hindsight for not asking about it, but anytime he was around there were so many people trying to get his attention, get pictures, get autographs, etc. that I wasn't able to really get him into a real conversation.

I did find something about the amps on the Damageplan site. It said he is using one of their standard tube heads (Revolution series) until they can build him his new signature model. I wonder if that one will be tube or solid state. Anyway, I was a little surprised at the sound....wasn't bad at all.

Comment

Incorrect link. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://www.rockconcertfotos.com/dama...4/frameset.htm
                    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool... Opening for Damageplan, I'd sure like to do that as well! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Dime is one of my fave guitarists!

Anders
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Great pics, thanks!!! Guess what? Some of those Deans are KOREAN!!!!! Yep folks, Korean 79 Series right off the rack. Dean USA isn't quite equiped yet for Floyd'd guitars so Dime is playing several Korean guitars for the moment.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Great pics, thanks!!! Guess what? Some of those Deans are KOREAN!!!!! Yep folks, Korean 79 Series right off the rack. Dean USA isn't quite equiped yet for Floyd'd guitars so Dime is playing several Korean guitars for the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, that's cool! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I've actually never played a Dean, but I get the feeling they're very high quality instruments! And apparently that goes for the Korean ones too, since Dime is gigging with them! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Anders
                          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Dimebag Darryl Dead

Dime Bag Darryl was shot an killed Wednesday night (12-8-04) but an unknown assailant as he played on stage in columbus, ohio. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!

Five Dead Include Gunman in Ohio Shooting
                            57 minutes ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man walked onstage in a crowded nightclub during a rock concert Wednesday night and opened fire, killing at least four people and wounding at least two others before he was shot to death by police, authorities said.

Members of the heavy metal band Damageplan had just begun their first song at the Alrosa Villa when the man opened fire on the band, initially shooting the guitarist, who went by the name "Dimebag Darrell," a witness said. According to the band's Web site, the guitarist and another member, drummer Vinnie Paul, are formerly of the heavy metal band Pantera.

The witness, 22-year-old Chris Couch, said he was standing about 30 feet away from the stage when he noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said. Couch said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull said a police officer shot and killed the gunman. It wasn't immediately clear whether the officer was already at the show or had responded to an emergency call. Authorities didn't immediately provide the identities of the victims.

After the shooting began, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show. "I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," she said.

Other members of Damageplan include vocalist Patrick Lachman and bass player Bob Zilla, according to the band's Web site.

Comment

Re: Dimebag Darryl Dead

we have been talking about this in the non charvel/jackson forum since the news started.
                              It seems that Vinnie was killed as well... fukked..
                              http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

Comment

Working...
                              X