Iron Maiden "The Early Years" DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron Maiden \"The Early Years\" DVD

I bought the DVD yesterday. I have the Rainbow gig on videotape and first saw it back in the mid 80s on MTV. KILLER show. I'm 1/2 way thru the NOTB show. Wow. I have the audio version on CD from the Maiden box set that came out last year. Dave's Destroyer is killer. Mine is just like that except I have a wraparound bridge and he has the Ibanez tune o matic style. If you look really close in the booklet you can see Dave playing a Dean V and in another picture he's holding an Ibanez Roadstar with 2 hums, full binding, and a flame top. I'm glad they finally released those shows on DVD. The next DVD in the series should be killer especially if they show the entire Live After Death performance.

Comment

Meh, I already have the "Live After Death" DVD... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But it doesn't have the Hammersmith half on it though.

This Dean V?

Comment

That's the Dean. Very nice guitar!

Comment

I also see Adrian using a very beautiful Dean ML during the 1983 Dortmund show (a video I have on my computer) for "The Trooper". Weird because I always picture him playing his Gibson Les Paul goldtop with minibuckers for that song... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And Bruce used a Dean Caddy during "Revelations" on the "Live After Death" DVD if I recall correctly!

Such brand sluts Maiden were... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Maiden used EVERYTHING. Ibanez Roadstars, Ibanez Roadsters, Ibanez Destroyers, Fender Strats, Jacksons, Charvels, ESPs, Lados, Deans, Waynes...they even used Mesa combos on the Number of the Beast tour. At least that's what the tourbook says. What I like about the Hammersmith show is the brief shots of Murray's huge Pete Cornish pedal board. Way cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I also see Adrian using a very beautiful Dean ML during the 1983 Dortmund show (a video I have on my computer) for "The Trooper". Weird because I always picture him playing his Gibson Les Paul goldtop with minibuckers for that song... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And Bruce used a Dean Caddy during "Revelations" on the "Live After Death" DVD if I recall correctly!

Such brand sluts Maiden were... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
              Adrian's ML is killer!! He plays his goldtop a little on some of the songs, but there's a full-sized humbucker routed in the bridge. He might have more than one with minibuckers, though. And Bruce plays a gold Les Paul on Revelations this time as opposed to the Caddy on LAD. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh yeah! I was wondering to myself whether he borrowed Adrian's Les Paul for the Dortmond "Revelations".

Comment

Wow, I forgot about Bruce playing guitar. I remember him not looking too comfortable, but he did a good job.

Comment

I'm thinking how insane it could be if they played "Revelations" NOW, there could possibly be four guitars onstage... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] This thread convinced me to pick up this DVD. Some great stuff on it and I haven't watched all of it yet.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Dude, grab it. You'll love it.

Comment

Bruce's air guitar on the Piece of Mind stuff is hilarious. I think Adrian's Dean ML is a baby ML. The body looks really small on it.

Comment

That's quite possible, Venomboy. I'm not so educated on Deans. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I said to my brother this evening that I would like this DVD for Christmas. He said he was already thinking about getting it for me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I spoiled the surprise... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Finally got it from Amazon! Dang, to think that I had downloaded the Rainbow and Dortmund shows on my computer already like a month ago... craaaaap. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The Hammersmith show was absolutely fantastic though. Out of all the Maiden live recordings I've heard, Bruce's voice was THE BEST at that show. Clive's double bass drum at that show was particularly pounding as well which I thought was kinda nice.

The interview had some interesting stuff too. This release was well worth the $20 Canadian! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X