New Firewind quick review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Firewind quick review

I picked up the new Firewind Forged by Fire and it a killer CD.If you are a fan of Gus G you will not be dissapointed.There are some very cool riffs and solos on the disc along with another instrumental.I also think the song writing is a bit more polished.As far as the new singer is concerned he sounds a quite a bit like DIO at times along with Klaus Meine(must have to do with the accent).

I would highly recommend it [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img].Personally I could not wait to hear it so I bought a very expensive Japanese import.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Re: New Firewind quick review

When is it released in North America? I had no idea it would be so soon already!

Comment

The release date world wide is January 25 , 2005
      Mike

Comment

I've always wondered why Japan gets bonus tracks and other goodies that the rest of the world doesn't get.

Comment

excellent news! There was some speculation about the new singer, so it's good to hear he can deliver the goods.

Good to hear the songwriting is improved too. I thought that was a weak point on much of Burning Earth.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I do not that either but it must be so that you can drive your fans to the poor house. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It might be like releasing a single in UK were they required a B side to go with it. They might have the same sort of reguirements.I also have the heard that the audio quality is better than what you can get in the USA.
            Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              excellent news! There was some speculation about the new singer, so it's good to hear he can deliver the goods.

Good to hear the songwriting is improved too. I thought that was a weak point on much of Burning Earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is a much stronger CD all the way through.I was a bit worried about the singer also.I was relieved that there is no cookie monster(Sesame street) vocals to be found.I bought it mainly because of Gus G I own almost everything he has done minus Nightrage(just can not take the singing).
              Mike

Comment

I have everything Gus has played on except the new one but now that I know I can get it as an import I'll have it soon. I'm such a Gus G/Firewind nut that my copy of the Norcturnal Symphony album I got straight from Joe Stump himself.

I'm gladd the new singer fits the band, I was a bit worried being a fan of his from the old Kenziner days. That dude's got some pipes on him!
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I've always wondered why Japan gets bonus tracks and other goodies that the rest of the world doesn't get.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw something about this topic from a record label a few months ago. The gist of the situation is that they are trying to maximize their profits. The thought is that if they release something in Japan and don't make it "extra special", the Japanese market will wait to get it perhaps as a cheaper (believe it or not) import later on. Also, I think they expect some residual sales to non-Japanese buyers who will purchase it as an import.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

and now the new market is only releasing in Japan so that rich americans will import it themselves [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    can't wait to hear it...gotta love gus g's work!

Comment

Working...
                    X