Queensryche Operation Livecrime boxed set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Queensryche Operation Livecrime boxed set

Wife (g/f at the time) and I saw them on Empire tour too with Suicidal Tendencies. She went out and bought it for me afterwards. I still have the VHS, CD, box, and booklet. Great concert. One of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

I saw QR back in 1986 when they opened for Ozzy..... They played Ozzy off the stage.... Saw them again in 1989 when they opened for Metallica..... repeat show..... as far as entertainment, they killed Metallica too. However, I never was really a huge QR fan. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Well I just checked the website and, of course, they're not coming to DC (Philly is the closest show). DC has to be one of the worst areas for hard rock/metal. Half the tours don't come near here. And there's only one club - JAXX - where you can go to hear/play metal. Arrrrrrgh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they played 930 the last time they did clubs. I'm actually surprised they totally skipped D.C. on the last two tours.

Oh, and you should talk to some of the other bands throughout the country - they'd kill to have a Jaxx around. Although, say, Chicago's a much better scene, it could be worse. Our problem is the lack of an intermediate range place that isn't controlled by IMP, who are sort of notorious...

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I had the VHS set and bought the individual DVD a couple of years ago or so, a very worthy upgrade. The cd in the car is awesome still.

Comment

i own the video and it´s amazing.
            sad that i never saw them live. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

get it on dvd...it's awesome

Comment

I remember seeing them open for Ratt maybe? on the Rage for Order tour...big fan from that day on - I just pulled that box set out and watched recently too...had to load all the cd's on the ipod for my car!

Comment

Queensryche is taping a VH1 unplugged on the 16th. Should air sometime in January! The Mindcrime II stuff sounds great as well. I think all old school fans will be very happy with the effort.
                  1990 Jackson Professional
                  1992 Dean ML
                  2004 Epiphone Flying V
                  2005 Epiphone Dot
                  2009 Fender Stratocaster
                  2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                  2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                  2006 Fender P Bass
                  2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                  1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                  1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                  Custom Pedalboard
                  ADA MP1
                  ADA FX2
                  Tascam 2488

Comment

I've been a QR fan ever since the EP came out back in '84 or so. Never got the chance to see them live until that joint tour they did with Dream Theater a couple of years ago--which I saw up in Baltimore (ahem, close enough to drive from DC). They were awesome that night, even without DeGarmo.

I will agree that a lot of metal tours bypass DC these days. I agree with Mike that the lack of mid-sized venues has a lot to do with it.

Comment

I saw them last year for the tribe tour and I'm going to see them for this tour in Feb. There is nothing more I would like than to see Chris back in the band, but from what I saw, I like this new guy. I've heard that mindcrime II will be a killer album, but we'll see when it's finished.
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Saw them on Rage for order with AC/DC, Empire, Promised Land, and Hear in the Now Frontier. They are playing here in Minneapolis in this month, and I will probably go check them out. They're a classic; right up there with Rush and Dream Theater, IMHO.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I remember seeing the "Queen of the Ryche" video for the first time! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I never got into the "Mindcrime" too much cuz I thought "The Warning" was better. Geoffs vocals on "The Warning" are just incredible! Pretty much flawless vibrato and pitch and still had character. "Take Hold of the Flame" is still one of the coolest metal vocal songs ever IMO! Taaaaaaaaake hoooollddd.....AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I got to see them in '84 opening for Kiss. They were one of my favorite bands. Can't believe what happened to them. I saw some of the live show on Direct TV with the new guitarist and I was embarassed. Really bad stuff. Never seen then live again and doubt I ever will.

[/ QUOTE ]If you saw that a couple of years ago, you probably saw Kelly Gray. He left well over a year ago, and the "new" new guy is Mike Stone, who has gotten good reviews.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              I got to see them in '84 opening for Kiss. They were one of my favorite bands. Can't believe what happened to them. I saw some of the live show on Direct TV with the new guitarist and I was embarassed. Really bad stuff. Never seen then live again and doubt I ever will.

[/ QUOTE ]If you saw that a couple of years ago, you probably saw Kelly Gray. He left well over a year ago, and the "new" new guy is Mike Stone, who has gotten good reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Album they did with Kelly Grey(Q2K) was there all time low IMO. I don't think Tribe is even a shadow of what they once were, but I though it was a really good album(with the exception of the lack of solos. I hope that changes on Mindcrime II). The one thing I like about Queensryche is their dedication to perfection. When I saw them last year, Micheal Wilton played his solo parts to a T as usual. Mike didn't play Chris Degarmo's solo parts at all and I was a little disappointed, but I can't say that I blame him. It would be nice to hear the original solos though. I bet he will play the Chris Degarmo parts for this tour. He is an exceptional guitarist. Look, we all hate change, but we have to move on. Can't wait to see them live again. Can't wait to hear Mindcrime II.
                              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X