Chris DeGarmo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris DeGarmo

the last few album have proved that chris was the real creative genius in the songwriting department. also, if you've seen them live, chris did all the backing vox, which gave the the songs a lot more fullness...his leads were pretty good to..."queen of the reich" kills

Comment

You really need to check them out with Mike Stone. Mike is a great singer, and an equally talented guitarist. At 1st, he was alittle rough with the QR material, because he didn't really know their songs. He is up to speed now, and plays them well. The new material for OMC II is true to the original. All you QR fans will really like the new OMC II.
      1990 Jackson Professional
      1992 Dean ML
      2004 Epiphone Flying V
      2005 Epiphone Dot
      2009 Fender Stratocaster
      2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
      2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
      2006 Fender P Bass
      2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
      1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
      1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
      Custom Pedalboard
      ADA MP1
      ADA FX2
      Tascam 2488

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        the last few album have proved that chris was the real creative genius in the songwriting department. also, if you've seen them live, chris did all the backing vox, which gave the the songs a lot more fullness...his leads were pretty good to..."queen of the reich" kills

[/ QUOTE ]That's true, but Promised Land and Hear In The Now were both his efforts and Promised Land especially sucks bad.I think there were 2 listenable songs on it. So Chris had a songwriting slump himself, which with tension with Tate may have decided him it was time to go. So they've had 4-1/2 good to great studio albums, and 4 dogs, of which Chris had something to do with 3 of the 4 dogs, dominating 2 and "guesting" on the 3rd. So since there's only 1 album he's not on at all, how can he be excused from the band's general decline?
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I tend to agree with you on that one Rich. Promised Land sucked bad. Horrible follow up to Empire.
          As far as I'm concerned, EMPIRE was their swansong. Although...I'm curious to hear this continuation of Mindcrime they keep talking about.

Comment

I really liked Tribe. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Well, taste is variable, but you're one of the few who did. I got it used for $6 and I wish I had that for lunch money now. Hopefully OMCII will be a metal album and true to the original as DJROBA suggests.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have been listining/seeing QR since Rage...Promised Land sucks!? That record is awesome and highly under rated IMO. HITNF on the other hand blows IMO, as well as Q2K. Tribe is just OK.

I have seen QR in all of it's incarnations. The first replacement sucked bad. The new guy isn't bad and much better than the first replacement, but there was still something not quite right that i couldn't put my finger on...

Comment

Promised land had a few good tunes on it, Damaged, one more time around...

Comment

To me, Promised Land was an attempt to cash in on Silent Lucidity. Too many introspective slow songs. Now I thought HITNF was at least a bit more upbeat tempo wise, nothing great but much better than PL to me. I saw them on the PL tour and they only did 2 songs from that record; that says a lot right there. Even they knew it was a dog by then, or was seen that way by a vast majority of fans. It certainly did not have a followup to Silent Lucidity hitwise, either. That album was the end for QR as a metal band; since then they've tried to be FOTM and have failed at that too.
                    I do hope this next one is cool though, I'd really like to see them make one more great record.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

At first listen, I haven't really liked any QR record since Empire. But the more I listen to them, the more I can get into them. I think I've just wanted them to go back to the Mindcrime era, and anything else wasn't floating my boat. But I can at least appreciate the stuff on the other albums, even if they all had some clunkers.

I am looking forward to OMCII.

Comment

Only 2 songs from PL on the PL tour? Your kidding, right? I saw the PL tour also, and they played probably half the record at least!

Comment

I stand corrcted! I did a little search for Queensryche set lists and found a bootleg from PL tour. They did ALL of PL except 1 song. Here it is...

SAINTS AND SINNERS- Great show, during the 1995 Promised Land era. (2cds). SETLIST-1) I am 2) Damaged 3) Bridge 4) SCreaming In Digital/NM156 5) My Global Mind 6) Neue Regel 7) Anarchy X/Revolution Calling 8) Operation Mindcrime 9)Spreading the Disease 10) The Mission 11) I don't Believe in Love 12) My Empty Room DISC 2- 1) Eyes Of A Stranger 2) Empire 3) Jet City Woman 4) Promised Land 5) Disconnected 6) Lady Jane 7) Out of Mind 8) One More Time 9) Silent Lucidity 10) Take Hold of the Flame 11) Someone Else-

I count 10 out of 11 PL songs performed at this show!

Comment

Why was I not at that show again? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know? I went with Mary Goth and her boyfriend at the time (QX4 would know his name, he used to work for QX4)

Comment

I guess that was a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X