Mustaine and Floyds ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine and Floyds ...

Here's what I don't understand ... when Dave does a custom guitar, it's always a string-thru or fixed bridge, but the majority of the time I see him on stage, he's using guitars with Floyds. In the Rude Awakening DVD, he uses a black Y2KV with a Floyd throughout about 90% of the set ... almost 2 hours with one guitar. I know these things stay in tune, and he does too, obviously, so why doesn't he get behind a model with a Floyd.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: Mustaine and Floyds ...

I think he uses the trem for certain songs such as "Skin o' my teeth" but I can imagine the ones with Floyd will stay in tune well.
    I have both KV1 and Y2KV and these stay in tune pretty well though..
    Now his ESP models have Sperzel locking tuners that helps to stay in tune better.

Comment

On the Rude Awakening DVD, the other lead guitarist was Al Pitrelli, who played Gibsons without trems. On the last tour, with Glen Drover playing Floyd-equipped ESPs, Dave played with fixed bridges. When Marty was in the band, it all depended on whether Marty felt like playing his Floyd-equipped guitars or not on any given night. Basicly, Dave prefers the string-through guitars, but plays trems if the other guitarist doesn't since the music requires it at some points. It was odd to see Glen play the Dave solos that had the bar work, and Dave play some of the early Chris Poland stuff in a few places.

Comment

Before Youthanasia tour Dave played 99% of the stuff with a non trem kahler. For youthanasia and Cryptic tours he used a floyd-modded KV Pro for some songs but mostly played with kahlers. And after that who cares? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think he used the floyded one for most of the DVD cause they were recording and he didn't want to have any issues with the tuning.
        All his main guitars have been non trems so that's why his signature models have been like that.
        My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

His solo in Wake Up Dead requires a floyd. Although I have seen him play it without one....it didn't sound as good.

Comment

Working...
          X