Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads

No matter how many paople get pisssed off one fact remains consistant throughout this post:
    WES Boring and Limp Dipshit SUCKS!
    What else is thier to say? I think Tiny Tim is more technically proficient then Wes Borland..
    And Fred Durst?? That's just Vanilla Ice after 10 years on a Hostess Twinky diet..

Every generation has their Corporate poster band that is force-fed down the public's throat.. From K.C. and the Sunshine band to Liniin Park and all the Limp Biskits, Nirvans and Wingers in between..They are all flash-in-the pan bands that are nothing more then trivial pursuit answers for the different generation versions.

It's a sad day when great players like Al Pitrelli,Alex Skolnick and Chris Caffery Have to do "Christmas spectaculars" to get any recognition or sell tickets..
    Any of these Metal heavy weights can play circles around 99% of the NU players out their-WTF??

And players like Lynch and Jake E Lee can't sell anything or get airplay.. Once in awhile they get invited to do a tribute disc which goes by with no commercial promotion or fan-fare..**** Radio...

Comment

I don't believe this tread is still going strong?(still amusing)we all know Wes may not be the best player out there judging by his albums but He is obviously doing something right.let it go..shit like this happens all the time. alot of guitarist are incredible players and writers but unfortunately the masses don't know they excist.It's just the way this industry is designed.why don't we all just rip on DURST he is the real punk mofo that really deserves it vocalist or not
      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

rollin.. rollin.....rollin...

Comment

• Re: Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads!

[ QUOTE ]
          Give the endorements to guys that will do Jackson justice...to the real guitar heroes that we look up to and admire...not some goofy lookin' hack that most of us look down upon and not take seriously...what good is that...really what good is that for Jackson and it's users..

if that's the case Jackson should stop making guitars and may want to venture into making DJ equipment...if all they want is money....to appeal to that genre..

To Me Jackson just SOLD OUT with the Wes' deal...and that's the only way I see it.

So fukk Jackson too ...there I said it ..Fukk Jackson for making these lame ass decisions..

Really Jackson , where is your balls...I mean where are they...you used to be the sh!t and you were proud and we were proud to own a Jackson...but what's this...what the hell is this...you are defiling traditions with pure %100 crap.

So to Jackson guitars...you get a big fukk you today from yours truly...I mean it's NOT Wes's fault that he blows ass right...I mean it's free guitars...Nope...It's all Jackson's fault.

You know what I'm not going to play my Jackson today...today I'm playing my Wolfgang..

I think it's a very sad day for Jackson Guitars and Jackson owners..

If anyone cares as much as I do about the Jackson legacy....I would make my voice be heard..let them know how ya feel...

[/ QUOTE ]

So why exactly would you think Wes Borland has an endorsement deal with Jackson, Bill? Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

Comment

Siggy14,Turned down a record deal, eh? What label, what was your band, etc...? Hard to believe if it was a decent deal by a real lable that you'd turn it down, but if that's your claim let's hear some provable particulars.As for Bill, I guess you don't know his story, but long years on the mean streets of Cleveland have brought him to believe and feel as he does. He has described many things here that explain why he fees as he does. Not everything he believes do I agree with, but I respect the guy's viewpoints and knowing how he's paid his dues and earned them, I respect them. Given the atrocity of the fact that great players are unnoticed, while 1 finger hacks are millionaires, I think most of us here understand how he feels. If you want to be the defender of unskilled musicianship on a forum dedicated to brands that are usually noted for skilled players using them, you might expect some backlash. It's not about maintaining PC rules, we say what we feel, not what we think we're supposed to feel.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Wasn't there a clip on the net somewhere of Fred Durst playing a guitar "solo"? I never saw it myself, but I read about it a couple of different times.

As for the whole respecting all music thing...I think that's a great idea, but that is not the point of the arguments here. The issue most of us seem to have is that talent has absolutely nothing to do with popularity (and consequently income and endorsements). Yeah sure I respect that Limp can play whatever music they want, but I think it's ridiculous that they are more popular (meaning they are considered to be better by the general public) than Allan Holdsworth, Shawn Lane, Tony MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, Frank Gambale, Greg Howe, and hundreds (more likely thousands) of much more talented musicians.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Every generation has their Corporate poster band that is force-fed down the public's throat.. From K.C. and the Sunshine band to Liniin Park and all the Limp Biskits, Nirvans and Wingers in between..They are all flash-in-the pan bands that are nothing more then trivial pursuit answers for the different generation versions.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Dude are you sayin' that guys from Winger can't play and are just a posers??? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                I don't know about you but IMO playing Winger tunes is 10 times more difficult than playing some Dream Theater song.
                Winger rocks!
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Endrik, Reb Beach is a good guitarist. However, Madelaine is not harder to play than Metropolis.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Winger rules, even the kid in Beavis and Butthead wore a Winger shirt.

Comment

Yeah, but that was the geeky kid! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Endrik, Reb Beach is a good guitarist. However, Madelaine is not harder to play than Metropolis.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Try to play it or Seventeen with the full band [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                        I'm not saying that DT is easy but Reb's riffs are harder to play than Petrucci's shredding, but it's just me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Also Winger's drummer was Rod Morgenstein who is a monster drummer and a prog genius. He played in the Dregs and with Steve Morse solo band, now he has some projects with Jordan Rudess etc. Paul Taylor did some badass keyboard work and Kip got a lot of chicks so Winger was a very talented band.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Def Leppard sucks (and Pyromania is the WORST produced album of all time).

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst produced albums??? LOL!!!!

Hilarious...I know I can get good comedy here on JCF that's for sure....LOL!!!

Comment

One of those damn Pyromania tunes came on the radio this morning - man that sounded like ass. The production on that album should be studied for it's unique way of completely sucking all that is good out of musical instruments - quite an accomplishment in the 80's. Nowadays they probably have a Protools plugin that does it with a click of a mouse.

Pass the syrup.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

...pyromania was a huge influence on a bunch of guys...i personally liked that record and what mutt lange did with it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                ...pyromania was a huge influence on a bunch of guys...i personally liked that record and what mutt lange did with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                same here

Comment

Working...
                                X