Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads

[ QUOTE ]
    One of those damn Pyromania tunes came on the radio this morning - man that sounded like ass. The production on that album should be studied for it's unique way of completely sucking all that is good out of musical instruments - quite an accomplishment in the 80's. Nowadays they probably have a Protools plugin that does it with a click of a mouse.

Pass the syrup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup....Mutt Lange...what an awful producer....LOL!!!!

Keep the fun comin!!

Comment

Hysteria is my fav [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Dude are you sayin' that guys from Winger can't play and are just a posers???
        I don't know about you but IMO playing Winger tunes is 10 times more difficult than playing some Dream Theater song.
        Winger rocks

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, stay focused here..you're missing the point.. Reb Beach is and was a great player, no doubt.. it's his faggy band he got stuck in and Winger blew goat balls.. It was perfect for the glam chicks of the 80's and that was about it.. Same with Def Leppard.. Steve Clark stuck with a pole-smoking bunch of wannabes like phil collen, what a joke..

The bottom line is Wes still sucks and all corporate rock sucks.. Lets throw Kid Rock in their too.. That's a talentless cavepounder if I ever heard one.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Keep the fun comin!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said Mutt Lange is an awful producer? He's done some great stuff. There's this cool band from Australia that he did some great work with. So I know Mutt is definitely capable of producing albums that don't sound like they were processed more than a hamburger at McDonald's.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Same with Def Leppard.. Steve Clark stuck with a pole-smoking bunch of wannabes like phil collen, what a joke..

[/ QUOTE ]

How in the hell were Def Leppard wannabes...this is getting hilarious.

They're not much different than any other hard rock band from that era not to mention they had two LANDMARK hard rock albums in that decade which were like it or not Pyromania and Hysteria.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

Keep the fun comin!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said Mutt Lange is an awful producer? He's done some great stuff. There's this cool band from Australia that he did some great work with. So I know Mutt is definitely capable of producing albums that don't sound like they were processed more than a hamburger at McDonald's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You like raw sounding albums...some people don't...doesn't mean it's not produced well.

Different strokes for different folks....get it??

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Dude, stay focused here..you're missing the point.. Reb Beach is and was a great player, no doubt.. it's his faggy band he got stuck in and Winger blew goat balls.. It was perfect for the glam chicks of the 80's and that was about it.. Same with Def Leppard.. Steve Clark stuck with a pole-smoking bunch of wannabes like phil collen, what a joke..

[/ QUOTE ]
                Glam is THE BEST, because those guys had the most chicks and this is the only thing that really counts PERIOD [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  You like raw sounding albums...some people don't...doesn't mean it's not produced well.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion it is not produced well. It's an opinion...get it?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And I do like plenty of albums that are not "raw".

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion it is not produced well. It's an opinion...get it?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that makes sense. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      Yup....Mutt Lange...what an awful producer....LOL!!!!Keep the fun comin!!

[/ QUOTE ]Who said Mutt Lange is an awful producer? He's done some great stuff. There's this cool band from Australia that he did some great work with. So I know Mutt is definitely capable of producing albums that don't sound like they were processed more than a hamburger at McDonald's.

[/ QUOTE ]If you've heard On Through The Night and High 'n' Dry, then you know that Pyromania and Hysteria are as much or more Mutt's creations than Def Leppard's. To opine that you don't like the approach he took is well and good. Tosay it's your opinion that it's not WELL-produced is sort of like saying it's your opinion that 2+2 DOESN'T equal 4. Everything is recorded cleanly and mixed to be clearly audible. That makes it well-produced. You don't like the artifacts and processing, which certainly is a valid opinion, but the albums ARE well-produced from an objective point of view. Nothing's redlining, everything can be heard. If you feel it's lifeless, it's probably because Mutt made them do a hundred takes to get it letter-perfect. He also by that approach made them better than they were before, in my opinion, and technically more proficient by the extra practice, which is a fact.
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lerxstcat, you are mistaking engineering for producing. The job of a producer is WAY more than effects processing and clean recording/mixing. Producers change arrangements, change melodies, change changes, change instruments used to play parts, they write, etc. Mutt making them do a hundred takes is part of his job as a producer. A subjective opinion of a producer's job is completely valid since so much of it cannot be objectively evaluated.

Do I think Pyromania was well engineered? Yeah, probably. They had good gear and knew how to use it. Obviously a lot of people really like it so they were doing something right.

So your analogy to 2+2 is not particularly relevent. Also, there are plenty of people that would argue with you about 2+2 as soon as you leave the limits of Euclidian geometry.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          ...there are plenty of people that would argue with you about 2+2 as soon as you leave the limits of Euclidian geometry.

[/ QUOTE ]That'll work real well with the next cashier who asks you for $4! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Engineering is the nuts and bolts of production, handled by subordinates but it is the foundation of the production. It's not the entirety of the process, but why do you think producers started out as engineers, for the most part? The engineer basically does the work under the producer's orders and to his specs, so it is the meat of the production. Of course, I'm sure that's debatable in trans-Hippietimian production philosophy, so rock on! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Tim, don't bother with your anti-Leppard screed; it ain't popular around here apparently! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron, I'm sure my screed is at least as welcome as yours.

- Newc

Comment

I like nu-metal so flame away and I think Wes is ok. Its the **** singing that sucks.

I was more into the old school leppard approach myself. But those guys have had life beat the shit out of them, or they beat themselves up-however you want to look at it. They still write good songs and I thought the last album was the best songwriting in years. They aren't 16 anymore. Is it metal no-have they ever been more than a rock band?

What is wrong with Phil Collen? You guys are harsh
                                Next it will be Vivian sucks cause every album is not Holy Diver. The 80's were fun but the clothes, hair and coke made everyone look like shit. Move on its the year 2005 not 1985.

Comment

Working...
                                X