Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads

Sig...we are NOT aquainted...that seems to be the prob for the most part..

If you knew me...we wouldn't even had that conversation..

BUT I am an old Metal Dinosaur...I am one of many who want to preserve Metal ..in it's true form..

I always thought calling this whoe Nu- "Metal" thing was pure %100 sacriledge from the get go..it was just that"metal" tage that puts me on the offensive...where I'm staying!

I hate ANYTHING NU....but I love new stuff..

I have no use to dummy down or ebonicsize my beloved Metal...I won't take that laying down...I must and will say something everytime...whether it's you that I speaking to or anyone..ANYONE!

I call everyone who likes that crap Wiggers...that's what they look , act and sound like to me...so I call it as I see it..if you're white and talk and act like a black dude...then you are the equivalent to a court jester to me..a retarded fool..

most Blacks I know along with Me...have a big problem with that..we see it the same way...they think it's a joke ...and so do I.

There is nothing "wiggery" about metal...and I along with infinite others want to keep it that way..

and as far as playing in front of Millions of people...who in metal does do that...as far as I'm concerned I can easily replace at least %50 of the axe slingers out there and do just fune...and I could easily replace any bassist that you can possibly think of...including Myung..or whom ever ...because I'm a very naturally , gifted , bassist...if I was ever givin' the oppurtunity to show that ..I'd do it in a heartbeat...but since I don't really enjoy playing bass anymore (it got boring) it would have to be worth my bother whether it would be in a very high profile gig or $$$$$..

I saw Joe Stump play...he's one hell of a player...and there was a whole 5 people that showed up at his show ...including John and I and his band. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I wouldn't play bass for just anyone ...that's for sure..

as far as the cop thing...dude ..you have no idea where I've been and what I'm about...so let's just leave it at that..

But there is ONE thing I can tell you or anyone with a pulse..I'm a fun loving dude for the most part ...but if you piss me off in person...prepare for an ass whoopin'...I've been around the block way too many times and ate way too much crap for way too long to tolerate any more BS from any man , woman or child..ain't that the truth!

OH ...BTW guys..Me and the wife was hanging with Reb and his wife for a couple of hours...let me tell you...that man can hang with the very best of them...I may not be a huge fan of his music or Winger...but you can't deny his skill level...I have his solo release "Masquerade"...he's a player!

Reb could basically front any band if he wanted to...Dio , Ozzy , Kiss , whatever.....

He was a studio muscian for a long time as well...he did the solo to Twisted Sister's "Hot LOve"...well they want to keep up with all the gunslingers out there at the time and well we know that the guys in TS is no where near that kind of level.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OH ....as far as that Attaxe thing...we made a very lame , dated , old 80's tune ..a whole lot better...it is now not as nearly as "gay" as it was..it came out better than I thought it would.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Reb's doing a great job in Whitesnake, but he only gets about 40% of the solos... of course Doug Aldrich is great too, and with the Les Paul he has a touch of the Sykes look... I'd even go see them if they'd come to Biloxi or Mobile, but they came no closer than Pensacola
        wgich is a 400-mile round trip. Not into driving 400 miles to see a show at this point.
        Reb did a great job for Dokken on Erase The Slate, that one rocked like nothing since Tooth and Nail and he proved they didn't really need Lynch. Of course then Don made the dumbass move of letting him go for John Norum. That might look good on paper but the album Long Way Home was probably their worst, except for Shadowlife, which was Dokken's Promised Land - THE worst, BY FAR.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yeah Rich ...John Norum is very awesome ...but he was super peaved that Don didn't let him go off...he actually told Don..."dude you don't need me for this"...

he did the album and bailed refusing to tour and support that lame crap..

Then Dokken got the message and saw that metal is seeming to make a resurgence in popularity so he does another old school album with some unknown shredder on "Hell to Pay"...I heard that it is pretty good ...but I haven't picked it up yet .

I'll keep an eye out for it in the dollar bins ...where all the Dokken albums go...I did like the First one Don did with John Norum on that Don Dokken album...there is some great playing on that ..the solo to "Crash and Burn" was great IMO..and his tone was kick ass too..

Yeah, I'd see Whitesnake ....John Sykes is still doin' Thin Lizzy I guess..

he should do both ...maybe he and Dave had a fallen out..

I have a Japanese only Whitesnake album that I paid $35 in 96 called Restless Heart...with just Adrian Vandenburg on it ...it sucks badly!

Comment

Bill, did Reb talked about his fusion stuff, does he have any plans recording some of that.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Anyone that knows me around here knows what a massive Reb fan I am. Masquerade is brilliant. I had no idea when I picked it up that he was going to sing on it. And he's better than a lot of the dedicated "singers" around too.

If it wasn't for Reb's involvement, I probably wouldn't have ever checked out Dokken (I heard Lightning Strikes on a compilation album back in the day, it didn't do anything for me, so I decided not to dig any deeper into Dokken.)

Erase The Slate was excellent.

And Hell to Pay pretty damn good too. The new dude is a smokin' player. Very happy with that one.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

No dude, there was no mention of that at all...

I haven't heard about that ...

but I'd sure like to hear it..

Comment

Bill check out Reb's webpage, he has some clips from his fusion demo, amazing dude.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Link http://www.rebbeach.com/rbsounds.htm

Comment

Kick ass...yes Reb does kick ass..

He's a lot more than a guitarist for Winger...

my wife used to like Kip...she used to wet her pants lookin' at him...he looked like he belonged in Wham to me..with that George Michael / Miami Vice / Don Johnson / Michael Anthony / I'm too tired to fuggin' shave look.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think they need to put a Limp Bicuit shirt on a dorky kid...maybe ..the Southpark guys should spoof on Beavis and Butthead ...and put a Limp Biscuit shirt on Butters..No not Butters...Butters kicks ass...how about Pip...yeah Pip is perfect!

You know as a matter of fact Trey Parker and Matt Stone never used a Beavis and Butthead reference...never ...they did a Simpsons episode once..that was cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Kick ass...yes Reb does kick ass..He's a lot more than a guitarist for Winger...my wife used to like Kip...she used to wet her pants lookin' at him...he looked like he belonged in Wham to me..with that George Michael / Miami Vice / Don Johnson / Michael Anthony / I'm too tired to fuggin' shave look.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]I think they need to put a Limp Bicuit shirt on a dorky kid...maybe ..the Southpark guys should spoof on Beavis and Butthead ...and put a Limp Biscuit shirt on Butters..No not Butters...Butters kicks ass...how about Pip...yeah Pip is perfect!You know as a matter of fact Trey Parker and Matt Stone never used a Beavis and Butthead reference...never ...they did a Simpsons episode once..that was cool.

[/ QUOTE ]They may not have referenced them, but I don't think South Park would exist if B&B hadn't first. It sort of paved the way.A lot of Winger's stuff was pretty sappy, but they did have some good stuff in there too. Pull is their mosr "real" album and is NOT sappy, but the cartoon had already spoken ad they were done. I have to admit that I've seen them live and even OWN THAT FUKKIN' T-SHIRT! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Not that I think I've EVER worn it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Too Tuff To Tame"! Yeah I have a Stuart shirt! BUT I can play some of those Reb solos too, so don't punk me out! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]Hell To Pay is a great record to me, but it's not all high tempo. I don't know if you'd like it all, Bill, but I'm pretty sure you'd like some of it at least. Jon Levin is the guitarist, as well as the band's lawyer (!) and he plays ALOT like Lynch. He has a cleaner picking attack than Lynch and doesn't really do the wild and wicked slurs that Lynch is known for, but really good in his own right. Also, he doesn't want to kill Don, which is always a plus!That album came out on July 13, and the opening song is "he Last Goodbye"; I bought it that day to help Don pay for his kids' college. One week later, my brother passed away, so that song is real bittersweet for me now. Weird how that shit happens, huh? I'd guess that the second song, "Don't Bring Me Down" you'd like Bill; very much like something uptempo from Tooth and Nail or Erase the Slate.I'm sure Wes Borland couldn't comprehend the solo, much less play it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Siggy14,Turned down a record deal, eh? What label, what was your band, etc...? Hard to believe if it was a decent deal by a real lable that you'd turn it down, but if that's your claim let's hear some provable particulars.As for Bill, I guess you don't know his story, but long years on the mean streets of Cleveland have brought him to believe and feel as he does. He has described many things here that explain why he fees as he does. Not everything he believes do I agree with, but I respect the guy's viewpoints and knowing how he's paid his dues and earned them, I respect them. Given the atrocity of the fact that great players are unnoticed, while 1 finger hacks are millionaires, I think most of us here understand how he feels. If you want to be the defender of unskilled musicianship on a forum dedicated to brands that are usually noted for skilled players using them, you might expect some backlash. It's not about maintaining PC rules, we say what we feel, not what we think we're supposed to feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is where you guys have a problem, you mistake talent for being able to play super fast riffs, or scales etc... I have seen Wes play outside of Limp and yeah he will smoke probaly half of this board. As to defending Limp Bizkit, once again i am not a huge fan of Limp, however I love all music weather it is difficult to play or not. Talent comes in all forms, the point is you may not like Limp Bizkit, but Millions of people do! Because of this they have a talent to write Poppy catchy tunes that most people Love! This is a talent, because if it didnt take talent anyone could do it, and obvious not everyone can!

As to my record contract, it was offered to my band Maidens Revenge back about 1992 from Electra, the reason i turned it down was because at that point in my life i had just got myself off drugs and was trying to get my life back together, i was also never into music to be a huge star as i played it to release my personal pain.

The other reason i turned it down was because at that point in my life i was slowly getting out of the 80's metal scene and into the grunge scene. I grew up in a hard situation and because of that i had gotten into drugs and at the time i related more to grunge then i did to the metal scene at the time.

As to haveing opinions, yeah everyone is entitled to one, but i have absolutly no respect for anyone that wish's death on anyone. It also drives me crazy when someone bad mouths a band just because they do not like there style of music, i thought that kind of thinking stopped when you became an adult, but i guess not!

I guess what it comes down too, is i am tired of seeing so much negativity from Bill, it seems unless it is a band he likes he has some imature comment to make about them!

I love this board and have learned alot, however there does seem to be some people that should learn to grow up and act there age, there is a different between expressing an opinion of dislike for a band and flat out saying they suck! A band might not be your style of music, but that doesnt mean they suck, just means it is not your style of music.

I am sure alot of you probaly agree with how i feel about negativity towards bands from other members but are afraid to say so in fear of getting teamed up against like i have gotton. My love and respect for music is why i would never say a band sucks, anyone out there trying to write music gets my respect, weather they be new at it or professionals.

It is time to lay this to rest, obvious you will have opinions that i do not agree with. I am not going to sit here and keep fighting because obvious i will never change your minds.

Comment

Wow, turned down a record contract to play Metal because he wanteed to do Grunge more... Now THAT, is probably a diffeent choice than ANYONE here would make. Hahahaha... Most guys here hate grunge because it killed metal. How absolutely ironic.

And Limp Dick Quick still sucks... Though it would suck less without Durst. As a matter of fact, there are LOTS of bands that outright suck. Just because you can play something that is supposed to be "like" music, doesn't mean it is beautiful or deserving of my respect. Very few people are gifted in that way.

Just because someone is out there "writing" means shit to me. It's either good or it's not. And although something may not be my preferred genre, if it is logically well done and worthy, I'll gladly admit that it is whether I like it or not. If it sucks to me and is done like crap, I'll admit that as well.

Really now, just because someone picks up a guitar and some jack off record exec thinks they can be exploited, means notta to me. I certainly can't offer any respect to just any half assed musician that "writes" something.

(edited for spelling and grammatical errors aside from the ones still there)

Comment

So your band that was offered a deal was metal and you were jumping on the grunge bandwagon, that makes some sense, but it sounds more like you declined what was a dead-end deal given the times anyway. Again, it makes sense but not exactly how you first presented it.

So you've heard the guy shred, well he should make a tape so you're not the only one. Now if you choose to not dislike any form of music that's your business, but for you to think no one will dislike rap-metal or nu-metal is quite immature on your part. Maturity is recognizing the world as it is, not trying to superimpose your opinions upon it. Yeah lots of people liked LB a couple of years ago. They are probably into something different now, just as you jumped from metal to grunge when the fashion changed.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't come off like you're the spokesmen for all the downtrodden lurkers. You're saying what YOU think and you aren't the Spartacus of the JCF. You express your opinion, we express ours, that's how it goes. To expect everyone to adopt your view is, well, immature.

Oh, and your record label is spelled Elektra.
                              Maybe they weren't too excited because you don't know how to spell the label name, do you think that might be?
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Siggy....is a sell out..that didn't sell anything.

Bill Z Bub ....is true to the bone...like most of us here..

Siggy ...I am what I am ...It get's me thru....you know dude...it's get's me thru....and THAT's the name of the game...that's right life is nothing more than a game...a game that I winning...because I'm a winner....in everythjing I do...I'm a winner....and I never compromise....I don't compromise amoung my most dearest friends..John can vouch for that....and nor does he..

We do what we believe in...what's in our hearts and minds without others dictacting what to do...much like you did in 1992...That is something I could never live with...

I am a metal ELITIST ...PERIOD...I own 5000+ metal cds...most everything that kicked ass in the history of my favorite genre ...I own it..support it and LIVE it!!

I'm free to choose and have the mind , body and knowledge to say if something "sucks" ...or not...

and when I say something sucks that you like ...you get your panties knotted in a twist...that's your problem...not mine..

I'll be me for the rest of my life..It works for me dude...just look around...I'm am respected here ...because I have prooved that I am credible ...you have established nothing but the contrary..

Sorry dude...you just do what you do ...being a Siggy...

and I'll do what I do...being me...because being me is fukking awesome in everyway you can imagine....and I wouldn't change it for the world...because the world is mine to do how I see fit...with absolutely no recourse , guilt or a single worry...the rest of my life is secured and golden...forever sealed...as long as I just go for the ride ..a very joyful ride...whether I piss off some or make some laugh...it doesn't matter to me...and you don't matter to me...I can count on both hands the people that matter to me...eveyone else...who cares...who cares....not I.

now who can claim that...you....can you claim that?

you see in this world you have Wolves and Sheep....I'm a wolfe...and proud of it..

Wolves and sheep don't get along...this is a fact of life...but since I'm a wolfe...who cares...wolves don't fear sheep...not even in large numbers...just more to eat....and poop out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That's what sheep are to me...they just become Wolfe poop at the end of the day..much like you..that's just how I see you...nothing personal...but it's just a fact of life.

So some sheep calls a wolfe "immature"...OK I am ...so what ..I'm still a wolfe...a immature wolfe that loves fat juicy , dweeby sheep...their delicious with a dash of hot sauce.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Siggy ..don't you understand by now I don't care how I am percieved by others......you can hate me or love me...it does not matter to me..they go down easy either way...just like Chicken....BBQ'd , Roasted , Baked , ...it's still chicken.

It is you that needs to find himself and grow up...I have done that long ago...and no matter if my choice is popular , it's the choice I made ...and I stick by it....because It works...in my world it works like magic.

Unlike most people I want to be hated by others...the same others I don't give a rat's ass about , they can live or die and it would not affect me one way or the other...make sense...yes it does....why would I want idiots I don't like respect me or bother me..

I only worry about those who are in my pack...so yeah you're absolutely RIGHT...if you're not in my circle and I don't like something or someone...they are not in my circle because it sucks...does that make sense...yes it does.

There is a reason it sucks...even if it's my reason...that's all the reason I need..

I keep saying the same stuff over and over again because you just don't get it...it's way over your head.

Listen you are a Siggy...and you're happy with that...I wouldn't be..

I would never in my life be a Siggy...or anything close to a Siggy..Like I said I eat Siggies...because they are much much lower on the food chain...SO...better you than me..

Siggy do you like Polka...you probably don't...so if you make fun out of the chicken dance ..are you immature....because you think the chicken dance is retarded and you would never lower yourself to act out of your element...does that make sense...yes it does....Rap and that Nu Rap BS is the same thing to me a the chicken dance ..it's silly and beneath me.

Am I a racist because I think all rap music sucks ass...well I'm just as much a "racist" as the black dude that hates country music...it's just out of our element..

as far as "METAL" is concerned I can boldly say without arguement from anyone here that I am probably one of the most open minded people that does love Metal..

Because in metal there is a lot of genres and sub-genres...and not everyone sees that there is good and bad in all genres...most people that like Power metal Hate Black metal and visa versa...but I find there is no difference amoung the two...none at all...either it's good or it sucks...does that make sense ...yes it does.

So you want to carry this on...go ahaed...and I'll just repeat myself...because no matter how much my words make sense...you just don't get it...maybe some day you will...maybe not...but either way I don't care...

Siggy I don't want your respect..I didn't ask for it...your respect means nothing...it does nothing for me...it prooves nothing to me...your respect is absolutely worthless and meaningless to me..do you understand.

so take your respect and shove it , eat it...or give it to someone who gives a damn...don't waste it on me...because I'll just crap on it..your respect is like Toilet paper...just something to wipe my ass with...you understand.

I understand..you should be getting a clue by now....but I don't care if you don't get a clue..it means nothing to me...

You , your thoughts , your respect , your opinions ...means two handfulls of Jack Squat...mo more , no less.

and hopefully my opinion mean the same to you...I wouldn't want it any other way..

So yeah Siggy...I agree with you about me...yeah whatever...now blow. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X