Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wes Borland (Limp Bizkit) plays Jackson Rhoads

I am disgusted that the next three threads below this discuss EVH, Iommi, and Vivian Campbell ---AND THERE ARE MORE POSTS IN THIS THREAD!!!
    Please let this one die...

"oops, I bumped it again" - Quote by Britney Spears
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

see, that's what I love about EVH/Ty Tabor/George Lynch/Schenker, and many more. All the technique in the world AND they can shake the strings like it's nobodys business.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

billy,
        look at my avatar? and you ask if i dig underdog-lol
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I do agree that the cover of GW should be a high honor, but then again GW isn't what it once was...and that could be said for GP, and Gftpm (Guitarone)

Comment

Big Daddy..."Five pages! It's only Wes Borland, he doesn't warrant all this!"

Yeah I know what you mean but look at it this way...if Wes were to read this ...it would hurt his feelings and bring him back to reality...just in case he felt a little too cocky

It might even jerk a tear or two from his big dimb face and make his mascara run...that would be truly sad..

My intentions exactly.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey it's payback for all that Limp Bullcrap I had to be forced to listen to and look at all these years..that's fair!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Big Daddy..."Five pages! It's only Wes Borland, he doesn't warrant all this!"

Yeah I know what you mean but look at it this way...if Wes were to read this ...it would hurt his feelings and bring him back to reality...just in case he felt a little too cocky

It might even jerk a tear or two from his big dimb face and make his mascara run...that would be truly sad..

My intentions exactly.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey it's payback for all that Limp Bullcrap I had to be forced to listen to and look at all these years..that's fair!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, but that wasn't me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                i think the bar was raised so god damn high by '89-'90, that there had to be some kind of backlash coming. not everybody can play a freakin' guitar like our heroes can. it was getting pretty ridiculous there for a while. now as grerat as some of those players were/are, i'm sorry but the tunes just had alot lacking to them in my unhumble opinion.
                the bar was raised to a point where what was the next thing gonna be, sweeping arpeggios while your standing on your head while someone is burning you with a lit cigarette?

[/ QUOTE ]
                Definitely. That is kinda what discouraged me from pursuing music after high school and put me into my almost 9-year sabbatical from playing guitar. I had gotten totally caught up in the whole speed/shred thing and when I realized that no matter how much I practiced, I wasn't going to be the next Yngwie/Gilbert/Shrapnel Records freak, I got discouraged and hardly touched my guitar between the end of '92 and '01. Once I started playing again and played SONGS instead of trying to run up and down scales and arpeggios all day, I had a lot more fun and realized 99% of people don't give a sh*t about technical ability.
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

it's all about what comes out of the speakers in the end my good man. does it sound good or does it suck. if it sucks to you, turn the station.

Comment

"I had a lot more fun and realized 99% of people don't give a sh*t about technical ability."

I know people in general say they don't care for shredding but, when I'm playing guitar it's the arpeggio sweeps that gets the "cool" comments, even from non musicians, not the 12 bar blues based stuff. I can play slow with feeling and I can play fast with feeling too.

I never hear..."Dave, play some of the slow melodic stuff for so and so." I hear..."Play that fast sh!t!"

See another think people seem to forget is, "Feeling" is subjective too! It may not jerk at your soul but it might mine, right? Making someones jaw drop and go "COOOL" is a feeling too. Not just sad or happy.

I thought Malmsteen had/has a ton of emotion and I remember every one from Angus Young to EVH ripping Ynigwie saying he could play but had no feeling!? I thought/think Trilogy had alot of feeling. each to their own.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I still love working on the "fun" stuff - sweeping, tapping, etc. And if I'm playing for some friends at my house, I whip all that stuff out because they love it. But I was in a cover band last year, playing out, and if I got up there and did a crazy-ass solo most people would be bored (apart from a couple drunk guys). But then you play 867-5309 and every hot chick in the place is on the floor shaking it! Don't get me wrong, I would have rather been up there bashing out some metal but you're not going to get any gigs. Most people just want to hear stupid 3-chord songs they recognize.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Don't get me wrong, I would have rather been up there bashing out some metal but there's maybe 1 or 2 clubs in the whole DC area where you can do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Jaxx doesn't really count. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i'm not a believer of if it's fast it has no feeling. i always thought that was bullshit.

Comment

The whole feel vs. speed debate is soooo impossible to quantify.

Take Yngwie for instance, nobody is going to convince me his playing isn't full of emotion. That guy is so expressive in his playing it is amazing.

And the flip side is also true, there are plenty of slow playing so-called tasteful guitarists that leave me wondering why they didn't just use a sampler and play it with a MIDI sequencer.

For me it comes down to a simple question - does the person playing the part matter? IOW, is their personality/style/feel/whatever coming through and an essential part of the performance? Take something as seemingly basic as the main riff in Back in Black - it doesn't sound right to me when played by anybody else but the Young bros.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Hey Noodles and Jwoods986, are you guys going to see Vai at the Birchmere? It's the day after the NC show and I'm thinking of driving up and seeing my folks that day and catching Vai again. It'd be cool to meet up.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I was addressing JGCable. Regarding Mayer, "rips" I suppose is subjective. He can, however, play well. He is a SRV fanatic and is able to cop his playing authentically. Whether or not that does anything for you...I don't know. The point is that he recorded works doesn't necessarily represent all he is as a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does. We base everything on proven performance. If I used your logic I could say that a major league clean up batter that never hit a home run in any major league baseball game in his entire career could be a future hall of famer because I don't know how many homeruns he hits when he isn't actually playing a major league game. These guys are in the studio constantly and all they come out with is rookie guitar playing. Why.. because that is what they are. They may be good singers or songwriters or producers or directors or whatever but I can tell you that by what I have heard in their recorded bodies of work they both suck on guitar.

Comment

Working...
                                X