Holdsworth in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holdsworth in DC

Im taking my girlfriend to see Allan Holdsworth at the Birchmere this monday night in Alexandria VA, outside of DC. Is anyone else here going? Tickets were under $25, which is good these days.

Re: Holdsworth in DC

Sorry I wasn't able to respond before the show. I was there. Good show, eh?

Allan admitted he was "sick as a dog," but he still played about a million times better than I ever could. Frankly, if he hadn't said he was sick, I wouldn't have known it from his playing. What an amazing musician.

Comment

I really want to see him one of these days. That guy is just incredible.

Comment

Saw him last week here in NY, great show man! He's not the exciting stage persona but the playing makes up for it.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I'm amazed when watching him play--his hand movements are so precise and disciplined--not an ounce of wasted motion by either hand.

He was playing his custom-made headless Klein guitar with the Steinberger bridge. He has a Carvin signature model, but I've never actually seen him play one, and I've seen him in concert several times. Interestingly, he no longer uses a trem, like he used to back in his Charvel days.

Comment

Working...
          X