Arch Enemy joins Krank amplification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Enemy joins Krank amplification

Michael Amott is now endorsing (and even using! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) Krank amps...
    Blabbermouth story here

Re: Arch Enemy joins Krank amplification

That's kinda wierd. Mike has a very distinctive guitar tone. Wonder how it's gonna change. I wanna try one of these so bad too, but no one round me carries em and their kinda expensive to just buy it on a whim. They sounded great when Dime played em last time I saw him, but those 2 guys have very different guitar tones. Wanna hear how it's gonna sound with Arch Enemy live.

Comment

Now I am more wondring how these amps will sound.
      Anyone tried at NAMM?

By the way, that new signature guitar of Amott looks ugly.
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Anyone tried at NAMM?

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, yah I saw it awhile back and was wonderin what he was thinkin. But we've all got our preferences and quirks. I mean hell, I want a purple guitar (don't laugh, she's beautiful http://www.deanguitars.com/ml_purpleburst.htm )As long as he still keeps writin kickass stuff it's o-tay! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

- Irfaan -

Comment

Its all about the money [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I ran into the Krank booth at NAMM. They sounded ALRIGHT. Very solid state to my ears. No 5150 or dual rect. or anything like that, but pretty okay none the less.

Comment

Didnt he use 5150s before? Krank seems to be getting a lot of attention as of late. I've never played on them but the prevailing idea around here seems to be that they don't sound so good. I'll have to judge for myself whever I get a chance to try one, till then good on him for getting an endorsment deal and having his name mentioned somewhere.
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I've also heard a few ok reviews on em. Some dudes said they're nothing special. And Dime's live sound with the Kranks were very buzzsaw, almost like the Randall, a little thicker though. I liked it though, but that's Dime playin through it.

Comment

I thought these guys from AE just apeared in the new Peavey Amp AD....WTF?
                  I guess when Eddie left Peavey, everyone had to leave?

Comment

I played a Krank and wasnt too impressed, i was more impressed by the B52. I still will keep my dual and 5150-2 for hard sounds.

Comment

I saw them on their last tour and Mike was using Krank fullstack and still using his white ESP Gibson styled Flying V and not that goofy one that he's pictured with. His tone sounded pretty decent from what I could tell. The venue I caught them at was pretty lousy and didn't have a good PA.

Chris Amott was using a Peavey JSX fullstack for amplification and actually seemed to be having a lot of problems with it during their set. He constantly was walking over to his amp and standing in front of it and then tweaking some of the dials while they were playing... You could tell something was up because Mike kept looking over towards him like "What's going on over there?"

Angela's vocals sounded really good though, the first time I saw them play live with her I was really disappointed because she sounded like a chick trying to do death metal vocals, but this last time she had a really good growl going on.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Anyone tried at NAMM?

[/ QUOTE ]

No but the one engineer from Krank was in the sound booth with Steve from VHT and I. He kept looking at Steves new amp and saying oh you did this and Steve was like no... look again. Happened on 4 of his observations. Made me real unsure of KRANK
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I ran into a couple of guys around here who had them, and was underwelmed by them. They just didn't have that thickness or girth I was looking for. To me, it sounded like a 5150 with its testicles removed.

Comment

Working...
                          X