ANTHRAX: BELLADONNA-Era Lineup To Reunite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ANTHRAX: BELLADONNA-Era Lineup To Reunite

Chuk you're AWESOME!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Thanks, bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Just that you said that to dear Charlie is very cool.

Em

Comment

yeah, fistful of metal is the shit!! i like neil turbin WAY more than belladonna. but really, bush is the best singer. he's got blues and soul in his voice. problem is that the songs suck!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think I would actually pay to go to that Anthrax show, I has been a while!
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Yeah with Anthrax it was never really a matter of who individually is better to me. But as a band their best stuff was the stuff with Danny and Joey. When they left it was like they started trying to sound like they were a Seattle band. They lost everything that was cool about Anthrax IMO.
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Anthrax in 80's was Killer.
            It was one of my favorite bands but when the album "State of Euphoria" came out, I started to dislike them...

Comment

I started to lose interest when Persistence Of Time came out.

Comment

Yep me too: STD, ATL and SOE are among my favourite albums, but they suddenly seemed to loose their sense of humour and melody after that era, even if the production improved!

I still buy their new CDs (not the new re-recordings one though) and the last one seemed finally back on track (ie has more than 2 songs I want to listen to!)

To me, they've suffered more than most from bitching about each other: fair enough if they don't get on any more, but leave that behind the scenes for a change! Also, there's only 2 of the 80's era band left, which gets a little bit to much Black Sabbath in the 80's / 90's -ish for me!
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Joey's voice was like the boat anchor that pulled their early music down. I can't stand that guy's hair metal vocals. Bush has a lot better voice, but then they started writing broing songs. Instead of a reunion, why not just take some songwriting classes?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    They tried a reunion with Joey a few years back, they even did that cover of Ball Of Confusion with John and Joey singing together on that greatest hits album or something. When they went to tour, supposedly Joey wanted too much money and was a dick and backed out. I prefer John's voice over Joey's anyway. I used to love Joey back in the day, but now I listen to old Anthrax and don't really dig his voice that much any more. I actually prefer Neil Turbin's voice on the first album over Joey now.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    john is a better singer i saw them a year ago when they played cardiff scott's wife was in the crowd my uncle was
                    talking to her. has any of you guys seen the anthrax roady that looks alot like ron jerremy i was right by the mixer he
                    was a dead ringer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

joey's voice doesn't fit there music for me like noodles
                      said hair metal. by the way did metallica ask john bush to sing for them early on if sow he must be pissed now [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree about the vocals, but the music ain't as good as it was...
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yea caught in a mosh and i am the law were great and
                          a lot more of there old stuff but if they had john back
                          then they would of sounded more of a thrash band, joey's
                          voice did hinder them i feel. i like joey with the band
                          but if they had john at the start i think the would have
                          been a bigger force in the thrash seen were they deserve

Comment

Joey's voice wasn't hair metal....it was just actual SINGING!!!

It's nice to hear someone sing with a clear voice sometimes....matched the music much better than Bush's voice IMO. State of Euphoria is one of my favorite albums ever and I can't picture that with Bush's voice at all.

Comment

Bush's voice sounded better with A.saint back in 80's.
                              I had their Albums and they were cool.
                              Even when they did a tour back in 89 or 90, the band sounded real good with Bush.
                              His voice would sound so much better with the band like that instead of Anthrax.

Comment

No problem Em I thought you would get a kick out of that, & I'm a goofy bastard any way I love messing with people so why not. I would love to see the line up back together with Joey & Dan.
                                According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                                X