THE JIMMY PAGE THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE JIMMY PAGE THREAD

call him sloppy,call him whatever you want, but this motherfukker could write tunes that make every kind of human emotion come out of you. from the 1st album through the absolutely amazing acoustic tunes, especially on zeppelin III, through one of my favorite albums of all time
    Physical Graffitti,it's mind blowing how good he was. i've heard him sound sloppy live but so what, he had the killer swagger of the gunslinger, and until EVH came along, he was pretty much heralded as the top gun for hard rock guitar.
    i love the tunes. all of them. zeppelin was a monster.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Re: THE JIMMY PAGE THREAD

Ditto........ [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Three words....

Achilles' Last Stand

Bill

Comment

2 words-
        custard pie

Comment

I am with you on this Tommy and I am not as big of a Zep fan as most but he was a Guitar God... The DVD is just awesome such a monster and him being sloppy is almost part of the charm on him... He knew how to write no doubt...
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Zep III is my favorite of their albums. But there are amazing songs on every album and Page's arrangements were mind blowing. Without Page there is no EVH. I named my daughter, Paige, after him. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Amen,Tommy!His playing motivated thousands to play and his songwriting skills alone make him a monster!...........
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

The Rain Song! Has a rock guitarist even come close to writing and arranging a piece that rivals that AT ALL!
                ya he is a sloppy lead player, but a major innovator and writer.
                I mean by todays standards Hendrix would be no big deal either, but again, a major innovator!
                Before EVH came around the only 2 guitarists that matterred to me at all were Page and Jeff Beck
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Stairway to Heaven blows me away everytime I think about how somebody could actually write a song that good. IMHO, he is the greatest guitar player/writer that has ever lived. Physical Grafitti??? Guitar writing and arranging just doesn't get any better and probably never will.
                  He is a living legend and rightfully so.

Comment

i almost got a jeff beck tattoo a couple of years ago, the one from the cover of blow by blow was gonna be the shot but i said fukk it. don't get me started on beck, cuz he might be my favorite of all. on some days at least.

Comment

I learned how to really grab a note and bend the sh*t out of it by listening to Beck.
                      another great innovator, listening to him completely changed the way I play.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

he's something else, knocks the snot out of me everytime.

Comment

Have you seen him live? I saw Beck twice when he was supporting Guitar Shop and he was a different player each night. The first show he was all Beck - just incredible. The second night he was bad, it was like he couldn't find any of the notes he was looking for. He is a genius though and a legend. When he's on his game he can't be touched...I'd put him up against anyone when he's feeling it. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Plus Beck is still relevant with his playing and writing. Funny how Beck always becomes the focus when it starts with a Page discussion.

Comment

I loved Zep long before I even touched a guitar. Once I started playing, I loved what Page did even more! Yes, looking back now you could say he was sloppy but the songwriting, arranging, innovations, etc. were just astounding. I was really into Beck for a while too and just recently bought Truth on CD to get back into him again. Out of the three Yardbirds guitarists (Clapton, Beck, Page) I think Beck is the most technically proficient but can't write a song to save his life.
                              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Working...
                              X