Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Cantrells Prototype G&L (big pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Cantrells Prototype G&L (big pics)

Anyways I promised people some pics of my prototype rampage that was made for Jerry Cantrell and I wound up with it. This is different than the limited production one they made 70 of. This one has a rosewood board and unfinished headstock. The only two others from 97 that exsist are Jerry's and a G&L employee owns the other one that Jerry never picked up. Here is the pics of mine.

Re: Jerry Cantrells Prototype G&L (big pics)

A few more:

Comment

Cool! I always liked them, even with the Kahler. How many regular production Rampage models were made, not including the signature models? I saw one in pink one time.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They made alot betwee 84 to 90 or 91. But since 90 they made fewer than a 90. I owned a 85 pink one, and sold it to a girl, LOL.

Comment

Nice. Even though I'm not really into Kahlers or one-hum guitars any more, that's one model I wouldn't mind owning.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wanna sell it?

Comment

I prefer the ones with White color headstock.

Comment

I got the one with a white headstock too. number 46 of 70. Personally this one (prototype)plays better and feels better than the limited production one I have.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Wanna sell it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will let you know when I do but it is one of my favorite guitars, just so you know I have already been offered 2100.00 dollars for it. You can get a limited run Rampage for around a 1000 if you keep an eye out for one.

Comment

wow, i've been trying hard to just find a Pic of one! so thats it? cool lookin', simple. i figured with a name like Rampage it would be decked out more, but nice!

Comment

jerry's god.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Never saw one of those before. Kalher and everything (yes, I am of those idiots who follow the way of the kalher!)
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The Kahler was supposedly made by Gary Kahler. G&L hired him or the main guy to make them especially for the 97 prototypes and the 70 Rampage limited run in 98-99

Comment

Great looking axe. I'm a big Cantrell fan, so for awhile I had been looking for a vintage white Rampage.

Comment

I had an 80's white (cream) one. Very nice guitar, indeed. I hated the "locking nut" on it though. It was also the first guitar I had with a Kahler - it was alright, but because it was 15+ years old, it had some worn springs, which gave me headaches. It had an ebony board too! The fret were just a tad flat too. The pickup sounded great - I think it was the stock pickup, which was a Schaller. I miss the guitar, but I had some comfort issues with it, so I culdn't play it for any length of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X