Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Angelo video.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/603/

I haven't seen this one before. Short, but still very cool. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Michael Angelo video.

He's interesting no doubt. Any time his name comes up, my friend always says "who, Howard Stern?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, I also like your son's quote about how people are made of meat. That's classic! Kids are great!

Comment

I am into prog and shred, but this just seemed a little gimicky to me, none of the sounds impressed me in terms on how they sound, sure its technically cool, but, that doesnt mean too much to me unless it sounds good too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I am into prog and shred, but this just seemed a little gimicky to me, none of the sounds impressed me in terms on how they sound, sure its technically cool, but, that doesnt mean too much to me unless it sounds good too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it's technically sound and all, but the whole thing sort of reminded me of something out of Spinal Tap. The only thing missing was a small Stonehenge being lowered to the floor. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

jebus, want some guitar with that delay michael angelo?
            www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

Yeah, he is technically a clean player, but has ZERO feel. To me, that's just as important as being fast. I watched his instuctional video many years ago (don't worry, I didn't waste money on it, someone else did) He was fast and clean, but it sounded like jibberish! He has as much feel as a computer playing music.

Comment

Hmmm, thats funny, because when I watched his video for Speed Kills, I thought his playing had alot of feel, and his selection and playing of notes was fantastic. I've seen faster players, but never a player that played that fast and was that precise..........

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Hmmm, thats funny, because when I watched his video for Speed Kills, I thought his playing had alot of feel, and his selection and playing of notes was fantastic. I've seen faster players, but never a player that played that fast and was that precise..........

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

His speed kills video is one of the best instructional videos I have ever watched. Yeah it's hokey but entertaining too.
                  Besides instructional videos are meant to show you the technical side because feel can't be taught and I thought he did that very well.

His playing in Nitro did nothing for me but, when I heard Speed Kills, I could hear he had some cool melodies so I checked out his solo stuff "Planet Gemini" and "No Boundaries" and it is well worth it. Nothing like Nitro.

Just give it a try, you might like it....Oh, try no to think about the hair! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

HE is a monstor player and no doubt he is simply one of the nicest people I have ever met...
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I got to see him when he came to my city for a Dean clinic. Nice guy and he is hilarious! His music isn't my favourite, but he's the most inspiring guitarist I've had the pleasure to listen to, and if you have the oppurtunity to go see him at a clinic, do it.

Comment

listen to his "no boundaries" CD...the playing has lots of feeling. it's one of the best guitar instrumental CD's in my opinion.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to agree with you too. I don't understand when people say he has no feel. I was always very surprised by how much feel he did have considering his unbelievable speed and precision.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Wow... this is proof that even "feel" has different meanings to different people. I always thought Michael Angelo Batio and Rusty Cooley, two super-shredders I find fascinating, were absolute masters of their instruments since they are able to speak fantastic melodic passages that really make me go WOW. And I don't really listen to super-shredders either. I thought Pat and Mike had no feel in their super-shred solos with Halford, but then again, I like their precision and ability to belt out old Priest better than Priest themselves. Blasphemy! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think MIchael Angelo is fantastic! I've just got his No Boundries cd but I really like it. Oh, and I really hate when people bring up people like Michael Angelo, Rusty Cooley, Chris Impellitteri, George Bellas etc. and say they have no feeling. Feeling and melody can be there if it's played fast, yes it's more difficult to insert emotions other than anger into fast passages but it's there!
                              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X