Michael Angelo video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michael Angelo video.

In this particular vid, MA looks pretty young, that may be why (early in his career) it sounded pretty "unfeeling". His later stuff is way more impressive.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

o.k. technicaly he's good, but a flashy guitar solo won't turn a naff song into a good one. i'm in the "less is more" school of thinking, but that doesn't mean i can't go into warp factor 9 when i feel the song needs it. the song should come first and the solo second (after all the solo is just a musical interlude in the songs structure). too many people copy e.v.h., vai, satch..ect instead of finding there own sound and style (how many times do you go into a guitar shop and its allways the same songs, solos ect that people play??). the more people try something new the better, coz we'll have more diversity, more bands being signed up and better more inspiring muic.
      [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
      yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Michael Angelo should lose the Nigel Tufnel hair cut!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Michael Angelo should lose the Nigel Tufnel hair cut!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I second the motion! LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

i really dont like his picking technique. i was watchin speed killes and at one point (right before nitro singer drags him off for those who have seen it) he is playing a note superfast and the pick noise is so overwhelming that it sounds like a helicopter. its like he hold the pick almost completely perpindicular to the strings, which is something i have conquered, but i have nothing on him so i almost feel rediculous mentioning it.

i have most of the vid on my computer, if anyone wants it pm me and we can transfer it on AIM.

chris

Comment

that double guitar stuff is pretty ghey.

Comment

Impellitteri rips.
                A lot of guys used a gimick of some sort to set themselves apart from the herd back then.
                I just look at this and think, that axe looks like handlebars for his concept harley.

Comment

i've never seen his double guitar stuff, but man, thats definitely impressive. ahh...the beauty of being anbidexterious!

Comment

I think he needs more delay. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think he needs more delay. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

That was pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen! "I am a god! Watch me as I slowly raise the guitar over my head and make cool grimaces!" And yeah, I wish he had a little bit more delay...it would fatten up his sound nicely. :P

Comment

Michael's probably a nice guy, doing Jack Nicholson imitations in his video but he's so funny with his double-axe playing, and I don't know if this was his intention. Has anyone of you seen the Nitro video? it's hilarious, the four-neck thing is a comedy classic ! http://www.angelo.com/assets/images/quad.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X