The System Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The System Has Failed

"This album was a major, major dissapointment. I don't like a single song on that album. "

+1

ah yes, and
    "but Holy Wars might be my fav of all time"

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] it's an awesome song, really

Comment

*shrug* There are some songs on that album I really like, and I love Poland's solo work. Just think, these guys are old and complacent now. Be happy we didn't get St. Megadeth or something.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        *shrug* There are some songs on that album I really like, and I love Poland's solo work. Just think, these guys are old and complacent now. Be happy we didn't get St. Megadeth or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
        I pretty much agree. This is the first album since RIP that sounds like Dave cared more about the music than having radio friendly singles. And just for the sake of trying again I listened to TWNAH and thats one of the worst albums I've ever heard! Sounds like no effort whatsoever was put into those songs. Granted the new album is no Peace Sells but it's a huge step in the right direction
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

TSHF is by no means their best album. however, hearing chris polands leads brought me back to Peace Sells...the guy is really underrated. TWNAH i thought was awful...soungs were way too basic, the guitars sounded lifeless...the only saving grace was Al Pitrelli's ferocious leads, particularly on Return to Hanger 18.

Comment

Warbird, thank you! I can't believe more people didn't listen to the leadwork on songs like "Die Dead Enough" and wonder how the hell the guy could play that fast, that smoothly. He is an amazingly fluid player with a unique style that always sounds one step away from completely losing it. I also thought Al's work was absolutely kicking. He brought that NYC attitude to the old stuff, and Glen just doesn't compare IMHO. Watching Al on that tour was a breath of fresh air--look, it's a Marty solo, only really mean!

Comment

Al Pitrelli was the best thing to happen to Megadeth and for whatever reason, he just didn't fit into Moosestaine's game plan. His guitar work on TWNAH was the only thing worth mentioning. Period.
              "POOP"

Comment

When Dave disbanded Megadeth, Al moved onto other projects (as in-demand session players do). When Dave started putting things back together, he spoke to Al and said that "he couldn't accomedate him." He wished him the best of luck with his career and his new wife, who he said was a wonderful person to be around.

My guess is that Dave called him and Al told him he was busy with TSO and other projects, and they wished each other the best of luck. Understandable, but sad, because Al was an absolute joy to watch on that stage. Glen stands there like a California pretty boy with a rod shoved up his ass, and his playing lacks the weirdness of Poland, the fire of Marty, or the sheer aggression of Al. He reminds me of Jeff Young, but with more chops. I really, really miss Al, and am ashamed to say that that album was my introduction to his work. His solo on "Dread and the Fugitive Mind" was a monster workout.

Comment

just bought rude Awakening today going to watch the DVD tonight Never seen Al perform
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Crap, I wish you would have hollered and I would have sent you my DVD. That damn thing is painful to watch. Now that you have it, I want you two play close attention to two things. Notice how Al's volume is decreased on his solos, yet Dave's level is just fine. Also, watch for Dave's "go to hell look" that he flips over at Al during one of Al's solos. It's as if Dave is saying "ok phucker, we know you can play, now get out of my limelight!"

And finally, try not to gag during Train of Consequences.
                    "POOP"

Comment

LOL WOW well I only spent 8 bones on it so not too big of a deal...

Comment

I have a video from the CTE tour and it's the same way. Dave is probably twice as loud as Marty. The guy has issues!

Comment

What news flash Dave Mustaine has issues [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Al in Megadeth was really special. Before he was in Megadeth I saw them live 3 times in all those years, when he joined the band I saw them 4 times (tour with Motley and TWNAH tour) because he braught so much to the band.
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

could you imagine if Dime teamed p with Dave... How sad that would have been...

Comment

You want to hear Al's contribution to Megadeth, listen to "Promises." I got the TSO album last year (it was at Sam's Club), what a joke. "Look at us, we did a sappy Christmas record! Give us some of that Mannheim Steamroller money!"

Al is a copycat, just like pretty much all NYC session players are. Good player so long as he's got something to copy from. I haven't seen Glen with Megadeth yet, but if he was good enough to play for King Diamond...
                                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X