The System Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The System Has Failed

well this is belated of course but I just picked this up and damn I really like it. Not the best CD ever nor the best Megadeth even but I think it was a pretty solid effort. Very listenable IMO and while not groundbreaking it was solid
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: The System Has Failed

It is a good CD by em. Very cool, the tour was great. Dunno why they aren't gonna write another album, from what i hear they're putting out another "best of" after this. But I can't say anymore on this cause your avatar is freakin me out, lol.

Comment

Definately a great cd. Definately better than selloutticas last effort. Daves swan song supposedly.

Comment

Blah I will believe the swan song wheen I see it.

In hindsight if metallica called it quits after the black album all fans would love them and they may have gone down as the greatest metal band ever... Too bad I would listen to Risk over anything since Black or really justice... Seriously if Black called it quits what a perfect ending commercial success some rocking songs and going out with what they do best

I think dave has more in the tank and so does he... I was impressed with this disc just because of how hrd some people panned it... I was expecting another risk but this disc is good IMO

Comment

I think that album was spectacular! It's way better when drunk and high but still a solid outting.

My problems I have with it are the fact that it's lacking Marty or Al. Don't get me wrong, Chris Poland rules but Marty is the reason I even play guitar so him not being there it sounds odd to me. Al is also a huge influence on me because he's such a studied player, every one of his solos is a tastefull lesson in modes and how to use them properly.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

To me megadeth ain't megadeth without Marty... He wasw awesome at NAMM and a real cool person IMO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Definately

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The World Needs A Hero is better than this new album. I really can't get into it that much. It's okay, but it's just not doing much for me.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's overly produced crappola. However, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.
                  "POOP"

Comment

I'd vote against the album, although it's a step in the right direction. The guitar tone is not there. There is less trash and heavy metal in, and it's very clinical.
                    On the other hand, compared to St. Anger - this is a heavy metal masterpiece [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

This is the first Megadeth album I got since CTE (still their best) and I think it's pretty good. Not great, but certainly not bad either. But I agree - it's gotta have Marty!!
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

The tone is terrible that is without question... Clinical a little yeah but still a lot better than I had expected... I am the opposite toejam The World Needs didn't strike me at all..

Comment

I would rather listen to Chris Poland over Marty anyday! My favorite is Peace Sells. That being said this is the first thing I've been able to listen to since RIP. But I still think about half of it is cheese but the other half is killer. As far as Megadeth breaking up they've never been a band in the first place, more like the Dave Mustaine Experience, so I'm sure there will be more to come, just might not be called Megadeth. Hope he doesn't get all worshippy.
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I think tone, production and songs are great.
                            He doesn't use too much gain and it makes for the rhythm guitars sounding REALLLL tight. I really like "kick the chair"...original song and..well.yeah it's a pretty good album. not like it tops CTE or anything but it's a good return to form for Dave.

Comment

Well,imo the guitars sounds too boomy and a bit muddy...50% of the songs are very good,the others just soso...

Comment

Working...
                              X