The System Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The System Has Failed

Okay lock it down to one song... Symphony since I am viewing right now... Al seems to be louder the whole song IMO
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

She Wolf is one of the most obvious, since they take back to back solos before the harmony lead. Listen to Dave's solo, and when Al comes in, his level is significantly lower than Dave's.

Sweating Bullets isn't a good example, since that solo never cut through much anyway, not to mention that Dave kinda flubs it.

Listen to Dread and the Fugitive Mind, the very first track. The band and the crowd absolutely swallow Al's lead. Whenever Dave takes a lead, it hardly ever gets swallowed.

The whole thing suffers from the drums being to far up in the mix, and tha bass to low IMHO.

Comment

yeah I will go check out the begining again... I kinda had it on in the background last night and just noticed the second half and All was coming through AOK to me...
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Yeah, as it goes on the guitars start to come up. He comes through loud and clear on Tornado of Souls.

Comment

Working...
          X