Blackmore's Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackmore's Night

This was a band I was hesitant to check out. Ritchie is probably the only one of my original "favorite players" that I can still listen to on a somewhat regular basis. I had heard so much negative stuff concerning this project cause they dress up funny and play Renaissance (sp?) Fair sounding music. When I heard it at first some of it's really cool, like Rainbow unplugged sorta. And some of it's kinda lame but for the most part it's pretty good. The old guy can still play like he used to and he's gotta be around 60 at this point. So I took my daughters to see em cause they really like it and it was a really good show. There were a few old Rainbow tunes they do I was hoping to hear but the only one they did was Soldier of Fortune and they did Child in Time (Purple), really cool version actually and overall it was a great show. That chick can sing (I think she's his wife)Ritchie 's playing was incredible as usual and he still get's all pissed off on stage. At one point he confronted some guy who apparently said something that he didn't like. Definitely a cool show but some of the costumes are kinda out there. But the chicks (wenches?) looked pretty hot. He did have a Strat on stage but never picked it up.
    Chris
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Re: Blackmore\'s Night

cool. i have the first album they did, and it's pretty good for what it is.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I didn't know they were touring. I'd like to see him sometime.

Comment

I know this medieval stuff is what Ritchie has been wanting to do for many years, but I wish he would get the urge to do rock music again, someday.

I've only seen him once in concert, on the Deep Purple reunion tour in 1985. That is still by far the loudest show that I've ever attended.

Comment

Blackmore rules. I listen to Blackmore's Night, I think it would be pretty cool to see them live. Candace Night is hot.

Comment

this is great stuff...his wife has a fabulous voice....my favorite is their first CD, shadow of the moon.

Comment

I would listed to Blackmore's night a lot, if his wife didn't sing. I wish it was someone like RJD or JLT. This way it wouldn't sound like pussy music. Can't stand when women sing, unless they're from the opera.

Comment

Actually I'd love to hear him with Dio again but it aint ever gonna happen. But to be honest Joe Lynn Turner is the King of "pussy music" how many good bands has he ruined anyway? I like his wifes voice.

Comment

He is doing something he wanted to do for a long time and I am happy for him.
                  I just wish he was still with DP or Rainbow, I miss that music specially in today's crap rock.

To each its own. BUT IMHO, seeing how cute his wife is I gottta say that RB is one pussy whipped axe man. If she wans't there he might have done one album of the medieval stuff and out.
                  Is she the our generation Yoko Ono? She must be good to him... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    To each its own. BUT IMHO, seeing how cute his wife is I gottta say that RB is one pussy whipped axe man. If she wans't there he might have done one album of the medieval stuff and out.
                    Is she the our generation Yoko Ono? She must be good to him... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets scarier--her mother is his manager... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Actually, though, I get the impression that life is pretty good for Ritchie right now. He gets to tour around the castles of Europe pretending to be a medieval minstrel without having to deal with all the craziness of the rock music business, and he has a POA girlfriend/wife/whatever who seems to share the same interests and isn't just some bimbo who's after his money (unlike poor Mick Mars). Not bad for an old codger... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

No question dude, he is tapping some mighty fine bootie.
                      I'll dress like a fool and play the mondolin if I had to.

Maybe one day he will go back to the 'ol rock 'n roll.
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

So is Steve Morse also a DP orginal member or did he join after Blackmore left? And how did Blackmore leave?

Comment

Deep Purple and Rainbow have had so many lineup changes it's crazy. Your best bet is to look it up on google.

Comment

Theres a long convoluted history of DP. Blackmore was the guy but hes left and gone back several times over 30 some years. In his absense they've had other players like Tommy Bolin and Satriani. Theres a DP site which totally details all the different line up changes and related bands.
                            Chris

Comment

Yeah, I live about 10 minutes from Blackmore. A friend recently did some work at his house and said its full of all that "King Arthur" stuff. He seems to be really into it. Good for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X