Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackmore\'s Night

Ritchie's 59 and his wife is 35 and hot. He's
    happy and making her happy. I'd love to see another Rainbow lineup happen but really, why should he? Now if they ever split up we'll probably get some angry Rainbow music again, but it would probably be Joe Lynn Turner, whose voice do like. He's just had the rough job of following legendary singers; hard to look good following Ian Gillan or Ronnie James
    Dio.

I wouldn't mind seeing Blackmore's Night, but I doubt they'll come near here. Oh well, I DID see the Perfect Strangers tour, next best thing to seeing them in the original heydey.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I read a JLT's interview that whenever he tries to call Ritchie, his wife's mother doesn't let the calls through.
      Yeah, JLT is a bit of a pussy, but one of his recent albums (they say) is pure heavy metal. I don't know. Anyone heard it?
      What I'm really concerned about is that the guy might fall into pieces befor he makes up his mind to play Rock and Roll again.
      But then again. I bet, if DP kicked Gillan out and kissed his ass - he's join and the good times will come again.

Comment

JLT was recently featured on Stuart Smith's (Heaven and Earth Band)newest release doing a rendition of "Still Got The Blues" by Gary Moore and he does a great job as does Stu on the guitar. Worth a listen.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I read a JLT's interview that whenever he tries to call Ritchie, his wife's mother doesn't let the calls through. Yeah, JLT is a bit of a pussy, but one of his recent albums (they say) is pure heavy metal. I don't know. Anyone heard it? What I'm really concerned about is that the guy might fall into pieces befor he makes up his mind to play Rock and Roll again. But then again. I bet, if DP kicked Gillan out and kissed his ass - he's join and the good times will come again.

[/ QUOTE ]Much as I revere Blackmore, DP has Steve Morse now; I'm sure they don't give a rat's ass about getting Ritchie back since Morse makes him look like a beginner by comparison. Morse does that to most everybody though...
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thread uber-resurrection! I've just "discovered" Blackmore's Night. My brother has had a downloaded Within Temptation CD for a while, and on it was a song called "Wish You Were Here". All along, I thought it was Within Temptation. A few days ago, I got a Blackmore's Night album and on it was "Wish You Were Here". It turns out that it was mislabelled as a Within Temptation song.

Okay, probably the real reason I found them was because I stumbled upon their version of "Diamonds And Rust". I loved it. So here I am today listening to them. I had no idea Candace was Richie's wife... lucky bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I LOVE her voice. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I live about 1/2 mile from him although I've never dropped by. I would love to have him over to check out 30 guitars or so but I don't think his wife will let him get out ! Ha Ha !!

One day !

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

LUTE SOLO!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-Otto from The Simpsons [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw them earlier in 2005 in So. Cal.

I loved it, but I am a card carrying member of the "Blackmore is God" club.

When I saw BN, he played the strat twice.

They played "Soldier of Fortune" too.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

i've got all the Blackmore Night albums.i dig them..
                    some great technical acoustic guitar playing on there IMO, way more difficult and challenging to play then most of what he did with either Purple or Rainbow..

I give Ritchie credit.How much more fame or fortune could he want after all this time ( he could be pimping himself out for a buck like so many others in the business right now with all these bullshit "i'll pretend i get along with the rest of the group" /$250 a seat reunion tours.

He gets to tour and record on his schedule with complete artistic control, playing music he actually enjoys and challenges his abilities..plus he gets to nail Candice everyday..hahahaha
                    no downside that i can see there...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Much as I revere Blackmore, DP has Steve Morse now; I'm sure they don't give a rat's ass about getting Ritchie back since Morse makes him look like a beginner by comparison. Morse does that to most everybody though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad someone is honest enough to state the facts.
                      "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        i've got all the Blackmore Night albums.i dig them..
                        some great technical acoustic guitar playing on there IMO, way more difficult and challenging to play then most of what he did with either Purple or Rainbow..

I give Ritchie credit.How much more fame or fortune could he want after all this time ( he could be pimping himself out for a buck like so many others in the business right now with all these bullshit "i'll pretend i get along with the rest of the group" /$250 a seat reunion tours.

He gets to tour and record on his schedule with complete artistic control, playing music he actually enjoys and challenges his abilities..plus he gets to nail Candice everyday..hahahaha
                        no downside that i can see there...

[/ QUOTE ]
                        I agree with you fully here !!! Great observation.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X