• Show
Clear All

Re: dan spitz\'s guitars

He's playing Deans.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      OMG!
      If you don't have fast internet conenction, don't even try his website.
      So fukking heavy!
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      way to much thought has been put in to this site [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Let me see if I can remember this story. I went into guitar center here in Springfield NJ. I looked up on the wall and saw three used RR guitars. I asked my buddy that use to work there what was up with them. He told me that Dan had traded all of them in for some type of Gibsons that he was really into.
        2 of them were the trans black guitars and the other one was a limited edition that Grover had given him. I was almost going to buy one but they were all in really rough shape. They were touring guitars and really had the crap beat out of them, All but the limited RR. Yes one of them had the headstock replaced and the others was just beat to piss.
        My friend saw them and called Rob Lane and I always thought he had purchased them. I dont really know what happened to them after they left Guitar center. I remember they were asking very high prices and it just didnt seem worth the money. I played the 2 trans black ones and they really didnt excite me to much. I mean nothing to really brag about. I guess if your into collecting Anthrax stuff they are pretty cool.

Comment

According to Rob's site, he bought them off Rob Lane when he sold off his collection. I love the look of the trans black guitars, but if they were that beat up, I guess I'd have left them on the wall too.
          I'm pretty sure Rob has the Spitz 10 string as well.....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

My friend called Lane to tell him about the guitars. I guess he did buy them. They were Dans touring guitars, so they were all banged around. The one had a complete headstock repair and they were both really bruised up. The Limited RR was a nice guitar. I was told that Grover gave that to Dan. I know they all sold really fast.

Comment

Didnt dan used to have the size of the bodies cut down on his Randy Rhoads?

Comment

Yep - like the blue and white one that you played at mine house!
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                X