Old Rivera bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Rivera bands

The otherday I pulled out of my CD collection "Saigon Kick" the original. I was reminded of the awesome tone Jason Bieler got on that recording. I remember reading a guitar mag that said Michael Wagener allowed him to use the same Rivera amps that Skid Row used on Slave to the Grind. It was thick, meaty, had grind and clarity. Solos were singing and full of attack. I compared both Kick and Skid's CD's and that tone is incredible and identical. What model of Rivera did they use? I wonder how does it rank up with the modern Knucklehead?
    The only CD from the same time period I dare say came close in brutal, clear, and defined distortion was Dr. Feelgood. IMO Mick's best work ever.

Re: Old Rivera bands

Saigon Kick used TBR-1SL rack mounted heads. Skid row used TBR's to record, but toured with M-100 heads. those heads are all over e-bay for a good price. the new KH amps are different. they have more gain, and to my ears are less focused.

my sound is the Rivera m-100 and s-120. i went to but another Rivera the other day. i really wanted a KH reverb 100, but ended up with a Fandango instead. it was more like my other riveras.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

here's a link to one of my band's songs. all the guitars are recorded with a Rivera S-120 head driving 2 rivera 1x12 cabs loaded with EVM-12L speakers. the cabs were mic'd with a sennheiser MD421. no gain pedals used, only reverb/delay during mixdown.

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/eigh...sic_page.shtml

click on the picture next to despair.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Jay also used a Boss Overdrive for Leads. I was a Tech for Saigon during the hey day.

Comment

Working...
        X