I Want What Dave Is Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Want What Dave Is Smoking

The bottom line is that Dave used poor judgment in responding to the comments at Megadeth.com. A person can stand up for his bandmates without taking cheap shots and coming off as a bitter, resentful old poop. Marty may carry a purse, Nick may have a bad knee, Ellefson may have a legitimate beef, Chris may be stuck in the jazz mode, but these guys all helped make Mustaine a multi-millionare.

Didn't Mustaine write a tune title "Burning Bridges?" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    "POOP"

Comment

Seems to me Junior's the only one burning bridges. The rest of Dave's comments, it's nothing more harsh than things said between Ozzy & Tony, the two halves of KISS, the Eagles, the Rolling Stones, etc.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Oh, so since other idiots do it, it makes it right?
        "POOP"

Comment

No, but all he said doesn't really seem like anything an apology couldn't fix. Especially if guys like Marty or Chris didn't have a gig happening at the time.

But here's another thing you're not taking into account. There's a whole generation of musicians now that were raised on thrash (Megadeth, et al). It's "classic rock" to them. They already know how to play the songs, even before there's a lineup shift in Megadeth. So if Marty gets tired of being in the band, or if Nick threatens to quit in the middle of a tour, or if Junior tries to sue Dave for $18.5 Million... well, they're a lot easier to replace now, aren't they?
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Whenever Dave whines, all I hear is Artie Lang going WAAAA WAAAA...I got kicked out of Metallica....WAAAA WAAAAA...people on the INTERNET don't like me WAAAA WAAAA

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The bottom line is that Dave used poor judgment in responding to the comments at Megadeth.com. A person can stand up for his bandmates without taking cheap shots and coming off as a bitter, resentful old poop. Marty may carry a purse, Nick may have a bad knee, Ellefson may have a legitimate beef, Chris may be stuck in the jazz mode, but these guys all helped make Mustaine a multi-millionare. Didn't Mustaine write a tune title "Burning Bridges?" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Well, Dave offered all three of those guys a spot in the touring lineup. Chris and Marty turned it down, Junior tried to get more $ and Nick was/is incapable due to his knee problem, which your post btw is the first I heard of that. Dave has always been the leader/ruler of Megadethand all those guys are primarily known becasue of the fame Dave gave them with employment. Marty's the only one who was in a signed band before Megadeth and that was Shrapnel, not the big leagues. Many people here have ranted on Marty worse than Dave did, because of the Ibanez endorsement. So I think Dave was mostly saying in his special way, the ex-members couldn't or didn't want to be there for the fans on this tour, while Glen and Shawn Drover, and James McDonough DID want to and are giving their best. So Dave didn't dig the polls disheartening his current guys and b!tchslapped the fans like he's always done. I think if he didn't take shots at the exes many would figure he'd lost the venom that is his style. It's not like I care that much one way or the other but he's the headman and if he wants to tell the haters to fukk off, well he can do that. His band, his site, his call.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I really don't think Dave is bad guy. People who can't let go of their anger and addiction's always suffer the most from their shortcoming's, in the end they lose out on friend's and family and either become very bitter or feel very alone. The whole situation is actually rather sad, how many people the world over has this guy influenced to start playing guitar? How many people would love to have the career he has had? It's a shame that people will remember him the most for being a prick instead of being a great guitar player.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Couple of thoughts here ..

Marty- Dave is 100% correct as Marty walked by us out in the street that day and the first thing we noticed was his mary janes and if I recall correctly his purse.. Am I correct Todd?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the Purse but these are teh shoes he was wearing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                  X