Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Head leaves Korn for God

Cement shoes are cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And they're always the right fit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Agreed on the part about people using "I found God" as an "excuse" to get out of contractual or legal obligations. If you want out, get out. The door was open to let you in, and it's always open to let you out.
      I can see it now: instead of filing Chapter 11 or Chapter 13, you file Philipians 3:2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ah well, at least he's not blaming God for the bad stuff in his life [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Catholic schools burned me out years ago. Every religion has it's sad news, silly practices, and you gotta laugh at some of it. If you take it too seriously you'll end up at a Jim Jones Kool Aid party.

You ever notice if someone wants out of a lifestyle and can't find the nuts to stand up and say, "I'm done with it!" they use God as their diplomatic immunity card. Because nobody wants to argue with a bible thumper or religious freak. Their popularity ranks in between lepers and political activist. God is the magic word that gets you a free pass to your new life. Leave the old friends and you can now hangout with your new friends: religious zombies.

But some people are wise to that shit. Like The Mafia. Try using the god excuse with them. Shortly after you announce you're quitting the family and going to find God, they'll arrange a personal meeting for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, years ago I used to think much like this or along these lines, I'm going to have to start calling this secular 'thumping.' I'm not Catholic, but I can appreciate some Catholic doctrine.

Look at this objectively without the 'religious' principle fueling the debate for a bit.

Do you think it's easy for someone to walk away from a immensely successful band that has been his baby (founding member) and meal ticket for so many years? He probably loves these guys but they have taken a way that he no longer agrees with, was he brainwashed? no, he's done it of own free will, he's making a choice HE can live with.
        Is he ashamed of his faith? no, he's doing in support of that because he probably adheres to belief that a man cannot serve two masters.
        I do not see it as playing the 'God' card to walk away from contractual obligations. He wanted out, he'll leave as a founding member probably with his rights intact. I'm sure Randy Rhoads wanted out of OZZY for much of the same reasons, he just died before he could leave. Do you think it would have been cited for religious reasons? Certainly that was a conflict that governed part of his unhappiness...but moreso fromwhat I've read, he wanted to broaden past Ozzy and pursue more classical playing as well.

Head leaving the band is from what I understand for disagreeing with the bands direction having conflict with his beliefs. Mainly from what I understand, it was from how he was represented in a video and morality reasons, that is a very personal and individual choice as is what is put into and contributed musically. For him, this was the final straw, but obviously had elements leading into it.

Personally, I've been in bands where you get to a point after playing the same crap material for years and slogging it out on the circuit night after night playing the same solos,..it becomes rather unrewarding and stagnant. Your there just for a paycheck. You look for a new reason and a new way for self expression, that doesn't even necessarily have to be a 'religious' way, it could be artistic as well. It is the same reason why we have so many varying forms of music, not everybody likes consuming the same food or identifying with the same crowd.

If the guy took a stand for because he objected to being objectified in a way he felt contrary to his beliefs, I do not condemn him, I applaud him for he has nothing to be ashamed of.

If you think holding fast to belief that was created by the truth of the cross is always easy, it isn't. It is of its trials, tribulation and learning in itself but no man is greater than his master, and that certainly holds true for the fallen and for those without belief as well, you just do not wish to acknowledge it or hold any adherence to it...it is equally convenient for you to not have faith or belief and dismiss it as such with beliefs of man calling it 'logic' or it doesn;t fit in with my 'worldly' lifestyle.

You can have your lack of belief if that is what you want, those of us who have faith gave up alot or will give up alot, or are willing to sacrifice alot for our investment in a little plot of land, a field, that contains a treasure hidden buried that we feel impelled to search for and find. That treasure is within us.

We hold fast to that which we know is life because an ultimate sacrifice was made for our benefit..we are in agreement that we have to atone for our acts against a perfect God and his way that is a choice for a way of life,.. his Sons body for ours, his blood as an eternal covenant between man and God, as truth, way and life. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

If you think you got hit upside the head with a bible from one or two paragraphs and a few verse analogies,...you see the speck in anothers eye, but do you see the plank in your own? Even the bible says that no man is perfect, the only one that was gave his life for yours if you are willing to accept that he did this out of His love for you.

I think I can say that any one of us 'christians' on this forum will be the first to say we don't want to start debates, more often than not we overlook alot of the anti mentality. We get challenges, we get ridiculed or shat on sometimes...but more often than not, we don't start the slingin.

I my friend, am not a zombie. I grew up appreciating and playing the same secular tunes and great guitarists that had influenced many on this board, paid my dues playing full time for many years slogging it out in bars playing covers because I enjoy playing music, now I am going to enjoy playing music I feel has a greater purpose.
        You can call christian music playing a 'niche' Well, nowadays one can promote their faith with a great deal of musical diversity, not that there isn't anything wrong with Bach, Handel or Mendelssohn, Mozart or Beethoveen that wrote music to glorify God,whether out of personal desire and devotion or commission.

Being out of a secular scence is alot more of potential reward for us who choose that route be cause we have chosen to believe in God. So go perform your mojo and black magic, wear a ski mask with a detuned guitar and promote brainwashed hatred.

I think I'm gonna start wearing a welding mask onstage and tune my guitar so its only resonating at a 140HZ... oh wait a minute, some bass player probably already has. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

You want to see "slinging"...just try stepping on my side of the fence..

The ultimate sacrifice...yes I know about that. Lucifer gave up a hell of a lot!!!

Why was that tree forbidden...it was the tree of knowledge...

why would a "father" not want his children to know right from wrong..

while Lucifer / Satan is sooo very willing to teach us...

this knowledge is called "the Light"...the very knowledge of god...

I like it when I hear ...oh that "white light " religion is wrong..."Man" has corrupted the words of god..

well to know Man is to know god ...since we are in his likeness.

and you must remember one more thing...God considered us a mistake and killed off the human race ...

Then left it to Noah to start a new....Noah...who was without sin...but laid down with his own son , as woman...per the bible.

Then the Christ came down and die for our sins...BUT what really changed ..

Does man still sin and need redemption to enter heaven...yes.

Does man still die...yes.

did not these same conditions exist before and after his "Sacrifice"..

Just askin'..

I say this NOT to debate but just as "You" to share words of enlightenment.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Ace, you are inncorrect sir! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

People that "get along great" can talk about ANYTHING!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But I will share "my" outlook here...

I heard of this "Korn" news the same exact time I learned of the Pope getting emergency throat surgery..

Let's see...hmmmm...Head leaves Korn because he found "God"

But "The Pope" needs to get a man made blow hole to breathe...

The irony here is fuggin' killin' me..

Yes my friends , God does work in mysterious ways..

BTW..for your info..as far as God and I am concerned...he started it!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the real connection... Head has been called by God to be the next "Head" of the Church! HE is the next Pope.
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

OK....well that makes a lot more sens now !

thanks Tets.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

He will be the new Pontiff...awesome!!

Pope John "Head" the first....cool!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow...That took some serious balls to make that decision. I say good for him.

Jason

Comment

So I wonder what tragedy or acts self destruction that brought on this newfound epiphony..

I bet both my nuts and Jimmy's one it was Drug addiction..or booze...or sumthin'. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

whatever it was ...it was from a tragedy .

Don't worry Jimbo...its a sure bet! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i know this guy p[ersonally. well, i used to, i lived across the street from the whole band and used to party with them downtown in huntington beach before they broke into the megastardom rocket ship they now own. the guy was always very light spoken and appreciative of all the drugs or beers i had bought them when we were out in the bars. in fact, the whole band was pretty soft spoken as far as i remember, but i do most of the yapping anyway no matter who i am with. when Korn got famous, a few guys in the band were already married and had kids, Head was one of them and i guess he just got really tired of all the drugs that surround a superband, if that's what you want to call korn. i mean, just the people straggling on to try and hang out with the band all have drugs , it's a possible backstage pass when you wave a bag of coke in front of one of the band members or security guards, promoters, etc.
                    He really was just sick of all the drugs and wants to be around to raise his kid, or kids, he might have had another.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy ...thank you man

You have just confirmed my statement..

and diagnosed his exact mindset and "spiritual" antidote...

I love you...Tommy you rule!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

so what your saying is that ...he needs God for the strength to get off drugs...because he's too weak a person to do it for himself..

That's right God likes his "children" to be humble and weak so that we may need him.

Because if we learned right from wrong (forbidden fruit / "The Light"), chances that we would fend for ourselves without the likes of him..

If God were man...he would be booked on bilions of counts of Child abuse, neglect ,and murder!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I bet both my nuts and Jimmy's one it was Drug addiction..or booze...or sumthin'. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Don't worry Jimbo...its a sure bet! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're right.
                        If Head is sincere in his devotion and willing to "life" this out, then I think he is to be commended for it. Anyone that is willing to commit to a belief system and devote their life to it, whatever it may be, has my vote. I may not agree, theologically, but I can respect the determination.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Well Jimmy...I was right ...Tommy just confirmed it..

I respect those who search for ways to better themselves as a human...

but not for others ...not for a "god"...but do it for yourself..

a little , logic , self control , self respect goes a very long way...

it is called loving yourself.

If you don't love yourself...God or no God...your doomed!

Comment

self love is the devil's favorite sin. the ultimate opiate in the devil's eyes. i love myself. then sometimes i think i am a douchebag, then i go back to loving myself again-lol
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Love yourself Tommy...someone has to.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Plus ...I love you man!!!

Yes Tommy you are right the devil does want us to love ourselves...

Loving yourself is exactly what being a Satanist is all about..

it is the most important law of Lucifer...if you don't love yourself...you are not worthy of his friendship.

he only love those who loves themselves...

hey I just made that up...

I'm coming up with some good ones over here..

I'm going into the bumper sticker biz!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OK I'm done with this thread.

if anyone would like to have a respectful , adult discussion of religion or whatever ...you know where to find me...

I will be more than happy to share my thoughts and views with anyone who wishes to talk about these matters..

You can go to "MY" thread....I do enjoy these discussions amoung my best of freinds , peers and own family.

Peace..

Bill Z Bub [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X