Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Head leaves Korn for God

Not that this topic can go any further off topic,
    but I've always wondered why Christian music is typically so bad and sappy. I usually can't sit through a church service - not because of the quality of the musicians, they usually are quite competent, but the cheese and drivel that make up the lyrics kills me.
    I liked some stryper (the 1st album) and very little other Christian music.
    It just sounds so ...uninspired and flat, that says something considering the fakey smiles and seven thousand mentions of joy in the songs. Sometimes the nonsensical lyrics become part of the 'code' of Christians - how exactly is God Faithful? I thought the people were supposed to be faithful WTF does that mean?

I don't dislike religion, in fact I'd consider myself rather spiritual, but I can totally understand the hatred of organized religion and the music ... ugh.

The old-timey hymns sound like they were written by someone with something to say or share, they were catchy. Check out 'what a friend we have in Jesus", "How great thou art" "Ave Maria" that is inspired stuff, the schlock of the last 30 years is nauseating.

Sorry if this is inflamatory, maybe it should be another thread. I am sure there are some Christian Musicians here that can explain some of this to me, maybe even defend todays Christian Music, or point out some of the flowers in the weeds.
    [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I agree with allot of peoples complaints about "religion"
      Its been warped and perverted for thousands of years...
      Here is a great scriptural example of it:
      2 Peter 3:16
      ...just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction"

And this-
      1 Corinthians
      "I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul” another, “I follow Apollos” another, “I follow Cephas” still another, “I follow Christ.
      Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.
      Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength"

Its obvious that these passages written a couple thousand years ago have literally come to pass... in fact this was a problem issue even of that time...

I personally am very sound in what I believe.. I do not push it on people..
      Too many "Christians" with good intentions end up causing division and turning people away... Anyone that would seek to proselytize another should really know their God as opposed to whimsical, emotionally driven desire to convert people..
      I believe that one must truly attain a spiritual and understanding when it comes to the bible and the God of Abraham before they can rightfully convey a solid point and truth with out fail.
      For the Christian religion, a solid balance of the holy spirit and the torah and law is required but often overlooked, before one can fully understand the scriptures.
      I encourage anyone seeking this truth to hold fast and study deeply to get thru all the contemporary rhetoric and twiested and perveted doctrine from man and find the roots of where it all really comes from and the purpose of Christ....

Comment

No No No No My friends...not here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Newc , Vwall, Charveldude...

I respectfully invite all of you into my home here (you know where) . This is a written invitation without expiration..

My door is open ANYTIME you would like to discuss this. Newc tells me I'm wrong , then tells me not to debate...because God says so...

well if that is the case...then I'll take full credit for the sin gentlemen. Just tell God that you would like to talk some sense into a fallen soul...he'll understand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I will be MORE than happy to share , exchange , "debate" , praise , or to quote scripture all you want.

Please , I read the bible all the time...it is my main source of reference as well as yours.

and let it be known ...that I remained polite here ...and did not disrespect any members or even "head"....well because there is no anger in any way , certainly not on my part.

and I demand the same treatment.

This subject is an never ending thirst ..that I love trying to quench...and you guys can be my "sea" of living waters..how 'bout that!!!

Rich ...you know how I feel about that Static X piece of shit..I was supposed to go to their site and run amok..

OK later Gents...my door is always open...sometimes I'm not home.

Bye Bye.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well said, Scott. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Bill, you've extended that invitation quite a few times in the past, and I've never felt inclined to accept that invitation, because I know a trap when I see one. Daniel did not walk into the lion's den, he was thrown into it. Big difference. What I know goes beyond the Bible, as I've lived it. It's not about ceremony or "this is what someone told me", you have to be there. I can send you a postcard from Maui, even though I've never been there. I can tell you how bad a Ghetto is, even though I've never lived in one. I can tell you how to navigate the 7 seas, even though I've never done it myself, because I heard it all from someone I trust.

As for God being faithful; He is as faithful to us as we are to Him. With God, you enter first into a Father/Child relationship, where you acknowledge His authority - His leadership and His decision for your life - just as a child (toddler) accepts his Daddy's authority. When He raises you up to be a Man, and you are faithful to Him and continue to mind his authority, leadership, and decision for your life, even though He has given you your own free will to choose, He remains faithful to you.
          To put it in Human/Earthly terms, imagine that your Dad was writing his Last Will, and named you his sole beneficiary, even though you had brothers and sisters, because you were the only one who honored him, while your siblings ran out and wasted their lives as social parasites, with never a concern about what their own Father would say or think of them if he knew the kind of life they lived, but were just waiting around for him to die to see what their inheritance will be.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Your "discussing" it Newc... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and since your "views" differ than mine ..this is up for debate..whether you like that or not.

but not here..>>your not baiting me either<<... [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"Discussion" and "debate" are 2 different things.

442w30 asked about God being faithful. I answered his question.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Maybe Slash will find God in his search for his tophat? It certainly wouldn't kill him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]And once again Bill makes inaccurate statements about something of which he knows nothing, then invites those that DO know to a "debate", when the Word of God clearly states that you should NOT sit around and debate the Word of God [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]I'm sure that goes double for someone who only knows the Catholic version.Catholicism did for Christianity what Communism did for Government.

[/ QUOTE ]Catholicism is much more sucessful than Communism, and in fact was a great factor in the Soviet Union's collapse. It is no more corrupt than any other denomination of Christianity, but since its numbers of well over one BILLION are greater than the other denominations its problems are more obvious. There are plenty of pedos in the Protestant ranks and Protestants have conducted religious war and torture as well. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone; are you saying that's you, Newc?
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You know what man..

I just read Charvelguy's and Newc's post ...and you tell me guys , is it me??...I see alot of "you" this and "you" that..refering to me of course.

I have not become accusatory ...but you guys have in your response..

Just as you find comfort in God ..

I find comfort in myself with Luciferion philosophies...but this "irks" you to the point were you can not overcome your emotions of discontent...this is blatant in your verbage..via "you".."you"..."you"..

OK...forget the "debate"...let's have a "discussion" then...whatever you want...that is if you feel the need to continue this...but on "MY" thread!

I'm more than willing guys....

I'm secure in my beliefs...

I only have "questions" in c/w your beliefs...but your free to attack mine....but I'm growing more and more used to this...I really don't mind...I expect nothing less really....it is a typical reaction from some christians...but not the majority...

I usualy have excellent discussion...but Newc is convinced it is a "trap"...a trap for what...marsupials.???!!

Do you think I'm a moron (don't answer that)...I mean I gave this some deep deep research...a full blown invest.. Do you think one day I just woke up and said....."hey you know what , today I'm a Satanist"...it doesn't work that way...it didn't work that way for you guys.

why can I not get the same understanding and respect as anyone else with their convictions..

I can at least justify my convictions with common sense and logic....I don't do this for shock value entertainment..like some corpse painted church burner..

I'm a good person. I'm accountable , reliable and I'm very credible....don't I deserve this courtesy....as a decent human??

Is it a "christians" job to pass judgement upon me and tell me that I will perish?...have no other life but this one..none to spend with my spiritual brother....this is not your job ...it is your God's.

so that is between God and me...not between you and me...

I only question these issues...when people like yourselves start randomly throwing out scriptures...and go on the offense against me with colorful spewage...like you have posted above.

Go back and read what you posted to me...I'm right. I have not once said "you" this or "you" that...all I did was ask very simple questions...that still went unanswered...you dodged the question and then became accusatory...finger pointing...par for the course

you answered absolutely jack squat.

I asked this question...here it is again.

Christ died for our sins right...

Tell me what changed before and after his "sacrifice"...

the same conditions still exist pre and post crucifixion...

we still need redemption to enter heaven...right?

that is a very reasonable question that is not hard to understand..

you had 2000 years to think of this answer...and you praise the lord all the time including now...so what is the answer...

this is just one of MANY "simple questions" I have accumulated over the last decade of my soul searchin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This is what I want to discuss...I thought maybe...just maybe...that out interest or curiousity may be mutual...because we take from the same book..

it is merely two people discussing a book...which happends to be the whole christian / Satanic religion..

now , did I make myself clear this time?

Peace,

Bill

BTW...even though I'm rambling now..I will NOT discuss this matter here...

it is a catch 22 really...I mean how can you really praise one God and not slam the other...since they are adversaries.

But let us not lose focus..."we" are NOT the adversaries.....so let us not act like it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] Religion just sucks ass!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ame.., Halle... aw fukk it, agree whole heartedly.

I don't believe in organized religion, just an accepted version of a cult. I don't need someone else telling me what I believe and how to believe it, to each his own. What I find interesting is that the holy rollers are always preaching at me and trying to get me to do as they do (go to church every week and give buttloads of money to it). I live my life straight up, I treat people with respect and give them common courtesy and also live by socities rules. I am still looked at as a heathen because I don't go to and participate in church activities. What I find really funny is that I am looked at that way but the BTK killer took an active role in his church and was looked at as a good god fearing man in the public eye.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]-organized religion and those that judge and force their beliefs on others.
                    "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

• Re: Head leaves Korn for God

Well now, good for Head. If that is what he wants to do, then whatever floats his boat. I could care less.
                      As for the whole vine parable thingy... well... I cut off my own branch off the vine and re-rooted it with rooting hormone and have grown myself a killer vineyard!! It's even more beautiful and tasty than the original. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Bottle that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

My wife wants to cut off my branch sometimes too..

Comment

I guess we should 'leaf' this subject alone.

I think we can all agree our religions or choice of no religion is personal and touchy, and Mr. Head is free to explore his newfound religion unencumbered. If his bandmates don't choose his version of religon, then it makes sense that he wants to leave. Hell a band that successful probably leaves him with enough scratch to do as he chooses for a while.
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

"Mr. Head is free to explore his newfound religion unencumbered."...

well I'm certainly glad that Mr. Head has that luxury..at least someone does.

yes, some people are a tad "touchy"...yes I must agree with you there..just a couple. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

No , I do not sense "warmth" from them.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Why did those Korn guys both give themselves nicknames that are nicknames for penises? I'd call myself "Jimgina" if I were to replace Head in Korn...a name true to myself and my first love.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

"Letters from Earth"

by Mark Twain

it is a semi-fictional view to my side of the story..which is the other 1/2 of the story never told...

Comment

Working...
                                X