Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Head leaves Korn for God

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess it is a matter of individual law, I as a Christian try to obey the law of God, not the law of Tom, or the law of Bill or the unbeliever or of satan. Gods law, as established by Christ, I am your lord God, thou shall
    not put no other before me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    There's like a million religions in this world... what makes you think you picked the right one?!? Riddle me that, Batman.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Charvelguy gets the runner up award for writing an indecipherable post. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Charvelguy, for future reference, if you're going to go toe to toe with Bill in messages of obscurity, you're going to need to get the water bubbling. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Tommy usually got those. It takes a reading or two to get through the 'code' sometimes.

You'd have to know the background on Hitler to understand that he was essentially what I believe the bible calls a false prophet.
      But there is a section of my own post that I had to reread to understand where I WAS coming from, even then I'm not sure it came across as I intended.

I think Scott had posted the best relative posts for me and I will take his words to heart.

"For the Christian religion, a solid balance of the holy spirit and the torah and law is required but often overlooked, before one can fully understand the scriptures."

I've been on the receiving end of Christian proselytization, even condemned.

I'm not here to argue, so I raise my shield and say "flaming arrows away"

(you'd have to understand the biblical reference to that as well)

BTW, Christ resurrected, "I am the beginning and the end"
      He is the first and the last.
      So when Hitler had publically stated at rallies "I am your lord and savior, I will finish the work that Christ started" "I will have a kingdom that will reign for a thousand years"
      "today I will be a prophet"
      "who today remembers the Armenians" (1920's massacre by the Turks which was largely forgotten by the thirties)

This goes directly against what Christ says as his place in being the first and the last.
      The bible warns of false prophets that will lead the flock astray..he even says at one point that the world will not know him anymore. I still do not toss away faith, hope or love. God has already forseen the end which Bill seems bent on changing the outcome. (shields up, flaming arrows away)

I do not pretend to be one or a messenger, just making an observation of how something can be distorted and yield in mass genocide and mass murder of even their own people.
      Even self stated Christians can be mislead.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        and if gorifying one is "PERCEIVED" blasphemy to some...well we can't help that now ..can we.

[/ QUOTE ]
        I think you meant glorifying. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Unless you were talking about a Cannibal Corpse song, then it would be gorifying. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The bible warns...

[/ QUOTE ]
          I don't believe everything I read. Do you? Why start with the bible?

Comment

If you read a legal document that your house is up for reposession or you receive notice you owe the IRS back taxes you better believe it is going to be enforced instead of throwing it away.

I believe Gods promise as true. Just because you choose not to believe doesn't mean that God doesn't have all authority in the end. We believe that satan does exist and that he does not have power over the covenant of the cross. That to me, means the power of the cross has destroyed the power of sin.
            I certainly do not play guitar like a mindless sheep and I do not believe I express myself as one here either but that is another matter for which this forum does have purpose.

Comment

Well, I'm not putting you down for what you believe. I respect your opinion, you're free to believe what you want, just as other people are free to believe what they want. Last I checked, we were given freedom of religion here in America. If someone such as Bill wants to be an Atheist, Agnostic, Satanist, whatever, don't try to push your beliefs on him as to what you "think" is right. If you disagree with him or myself or anyone else, fine, move along and go about your own business. Again, what makes you think you picked the right religion? There's so many holy wars going on in the world, and it's fucking sick and pathetic! Respect other people's rights and beliefs and live your own life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Well, I'm not putting you down for what you believe. I respect your opinion, you're free to believe what you want, just as other people are free to believe what they want. Last I checked, we were given freedom of religion here in America. If someone such as Bill wants to be an Atheist, Agnostic, Satanist, whatever, don't try to push your beliefs on him as to what you "think" is right. If you disagree with him or myself or anyone else, fine, move along and go about your own business. Again, what makes you think you picked the right religion? There's so many holy wars going on in the world, and it's fucking sick and pathetic! Respect other people's rights and beliefs and live your own life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but if you are to 'label' or 'categorize' me as being a God faith based and parallel my beliefs with some extremist over in the ME who is slicing the heads off innocent contractors, civilian or military or blowing themselves and others up ..I'll take issue with that, mmm k?
                It's my country that I pay taxes in too.

Comment

It's freedom OF religion in this country, not freedom FROM religion. Go to a communist agnostic country if you want that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    but if you are to 'label' or 'categorize' me as being a God faith based and parallel my beliefs with some extremist over in the ME who is slicing the heads off innocent contractors, civilian or military or blowing themselves and others up ..I'll take issue with that, mmm k?

[/ QUOTE ]I wasn't singling YOU out when I was talking about the Catholics/Christians/whatever. I was mainly talking about the over-zealous idiots who think they know all and that their way is the only way. Just because I believe or don't believe something like you, does that make me a bad person? I think we could still probably hang out in public together and have a great time, but I don't want to be preached to or try to be converted to something I really have no interest in. You (not just you, anyone in general) be cool to me and treat me with respect, I'll do the same to you. If you don't like my views on something, keep it to yourself and don't try to press the issue. We can always disagree, but it's not right to push personal beliefs and opinions on someone who doesn't want to hear it. No one knows what happens after we die, and there's so many religions that think they do. If the world ends tomorrow... oh, well, we're all dead either way you look at it!

Comment

i'm sorry but my god is $$$$$$$$$
                      yes it's a shallow god, but when i used to have lots of money, i was pretty damn good to everybody in my path. is that a security issue? like i better buy these people some shots of jaeger or they won't like me? no, it's not an insecurity issue, i just love money and i love spending it. whoever is there with me can have it too, so it's basically an infancy issue as i have never progressed past 11 years old. so i have an excuse- [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      i am working real hard though so i can get back to being pretty damn good to everybody in my path and to also overpay for charvels real and fake. money calls the shots, money is king, and money will in the end give me the salvation i need while i am on this planet. got some good stuff going on at work. real good. i know it's a shoddy thing to pray to but things are so much fun when you have mega coin to drop on whatever you want. don't cha think? just a little bit?-lol
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Ok, done. You'll have to excuse me, I'm getting another musical hook I have to try to noodle out.

Have a beer. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

...oh know here we go lol //Steve

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            It's freedom OF religion in this country, not freedom FROM religion. Go to a communist agnostic country if you want that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember my history correctly, the first group left the ole motherland because the king or queen or whatever was forcing one practice at them. Is that what you are looking for?
                            No one here has said anything about being free from religion. Statements (myself included) have been made that there are those of us here that believe a certain way and we do not want to be preached to or converted so don't waste your breath. Believe what you want, JUST DO IT QUIETLY.

Side note: For the preachers out there, I don't care what your views are on abortion, so leave it off your bumper.
                            2nd side note: I also don't care if you love your wife.
                            "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Even self stated Christians can be mislead.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, ya think?
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]
                                There's like a million religions in this world... what makes you think you picked the right one?!? Riddle me that, Batman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am always right
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X