No announcement yet.

Prog bands with a death metal sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prog bands with a death metal sound.

[ QUOTE ]

Michael how ya doin man...no I won't be going to Progpower with the Krustmiester...and Antithsis is doing better than ever without Ty Cook (my friend and singer)....Their new guy fits their style much better than Ty did...I heard a few samples and it sounds better than anything they ever done..Me and Ty were impressed to be honest...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they were damn impressive last year in Chicago, so I can't wait to hear the whole thing...

[ QUOTE ]

They should do well...they been hacking at the bit for a while and never really quite hit the mark...this time I think they may ..they are shopping for a label because they were dropped by Massacre / Nightmare I guess..I truly wish them well

[/ QUOTE ]

I know all about that, since our old label isn't doing any new releases. A-shopping we go...

[ QUOTE ]

...they are the best thing going here ....well until I get out there..if I get out there..

[/ QUOTE ]

So get it rolling! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

They have been wanting me to join Antithesis ever since they strated but that is their vision not mine...it is hard to get good musicians to carry out one vision , all on the same page.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-men. You'll note that there have been a few lineup changes in Division...

[ QUOTE ]

Krusty "May" play drums for me...in studio ...if I can't locate a "good" drummer....at least Paul can play to a click...unlike my Magilla Gorilla stupid ass drumer that I just canned!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We've been pretty lucky in that regard, as most of the guys who played for us have been pretty good with a click. Just most of them weren't very good with, uh, substances. Krusty actually offered to play on the last disc for us if we didn't find someone - fortunately, we did, but Paul's a damn good drummer nonethless.

[ QUOTE ]

I think next year I will venture out to the progpoer with Krusty...we were just talking about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wander up to PowerFest in Chi-town this year - it's a killer lineup for power metal heads. (www.chicagopowerfest.com)

[ QUOTE ]

Hows Division doin'...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Recording our new "shop to the labels" demo this weekend. It's some heavy stuff - a lot of 7 string...

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Kick ass Michael...there was something I was going to say to you..

but being up for 48 hours is robbing my memeory will to live ...

Man , I'm friggin' delerious right now

I need sleep ...NOW!!!

I'll talk to ya when I get charged up again...

Later Michael..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Michael ...

I didn't mean to blow you off man..

when I saw your post...man I just hit the wall...

I had to get some sleep and sleep I sure did..for 12 hours or so..

Tall Paul (Antithesis) called me last night and wanted to know if i'd go to Chicago to see Tad Marose and Morgana Lefay...

Hell yeah I do!!!!

anyone here going to see that???!!!

I may just be there..

BTW..Krusty and crew are doing fine...he just finished the the final drum tracks..and I like what I heard so far!!

I just taked to Ed Stephens of Abdullah...and he's still down with joing Me and Ty...but we desperately need a drummer. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

unless I can penetrate that thick cement head skull of my old drummer...but that is like talking to a cinder block! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Lathing from Broken Hope is a masterpiece of brutal death! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Damn Bill!That's a nice band list!Gonna check out lots of bands and get the contact for Willowtip rec.
          Next week I'll begin recordings for my band first full lenght! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hey Michael ...

I didn't mean to blow you off man..

when I saw your post...man I just hit the wall...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not an issue. I have a nine-month old daughter, so I understand lack of sleep MUCH better than I did in my partying days. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Tall Paul (Antithesis) called me last night and wanted to know if i'd go to Chicago to see Tad Marose and Morgana Lefay...

Hell yeah I do!!!!

anyone here going to see that???!!!

I may just be there..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the link I left for you - http://www.chicagopowerfest.com. It should be a kickass time!

C'mon up and we'll hang. Crooks'll be there, too, along with a lot of other troublemakers I know.

[ QUOTE ]

BTW..Krusty and crew are doing fine...he just finished the the final drum tracks..and I like what I heard so far!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent.

[ QUOTE ]

I just taked to Ed Stephens of Abdullah...and he's still down with joing Me and Ty...but we desperately need a drummer. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

unless I can penetrate that thick cement head skull of my old drummer...but that is like talking to a cinder block! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best of luck with that - I wish I had someone to point you to...
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Thanks Mordor...as you know us metalheads just love to spread the joy...we are one huge dysfunctional but LOVING family!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm just giving back some love...you guys turned me unto several things...

Metal should be exposed as much as possible on this forum ...IMO!

Thanks you Michael...I hope I could break away from the family unit to go...it shouldn't be a problem..

you have a nine month old daught...yeeeeeeshhhhh...I don't miss those days...well sometimes I do...when I look at the Vinmans baby picture...it goes by soooooo fast.

Before you know it your daughter will be starting school ...then driving...it goes by in a flash..

Enjoy the baby stuff while you can ...it doesn't last

I don't miss wipin' ass , blowin' nose , and doing all that baby choirs...it's exhaisting..

Vinny is ten now...and we are bonding now more than ever...instead of "babysitting" now...we hang...listening to metal , go metal shopping , looking at babes , and jamming , laughing at the needy , or just going to lunch or dinner...this is much more fun.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Talk to ya later men... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

CONTROL DENIED!!!

Comment

I sure wish Chuck's family will release that new material soon.

I just bought the double disc Chuck Schuldiner's Zero Tolrence...it is OK for a diehard fan..as a collecters piece..

But I want that other Control Denied album.

Comment

I'd love to hear the last Chuck's work!Unfortunatly there's lots of shit about that album,the label want to earn lots of money from it and Chuck family want what they should get from his lost son work.I dunno when and if it will be out...sadly!
                    I'm a die hard Chuck fan,I have also two demos from death on vinyls and a bootleg on vinyl too.

Comment

Insomnium are extremely good. Like a cross between Opeth and mid period In Flames. Their first album is a bit mediocre, but 'Since The Day It All Came Down' is a must have.

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        NECROPHAGIST!

I can not **** stress this enough:

NECROMOTHERFUCKINGFPHAGIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

((tech but prog))

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. I really don't like death metal at all, but these guys are awesome. Awesome enough for me to sit through the cookie monster vocals and that's saying something.

Comment

yes , I myself had to get used to these kind of vox styles a while back. Sometimes the music is just way too exceptional not to appreciate .. Necropahgist , along with Alarum , Arsis , Broken Hope , Capharnaum and mant others ..are all in the same league in my opinion..

and when you start to listen to this harsher stuff more and more you will see that there >>IS<< Good and Bad death vocal styles..some sound like cookie monster ...Max Cavelera is a cookie monster to me...but others get lumped too easily in that category without merit...

singers like Dan Swano and many others...have a very diverse vocal style and can sing clean as well as harsh..

Mr. White...No I heard of Insomnium ...I have insomnia ...But I haven't heard them yet...but I will investigate pronto now because of you...

For something really different with extremeley great guitar playing ...WINDS....they are very enjoyable to listen to at times...when everything starts to sound the same...I like bands that really break away from the norm and are truly original..like Symbyosis..which sound like a cross between Nevermore and Death's most intense material..

Coroner was the very first band that got me into the harsher vocal style...their genius was to blatant and awesome to deny...one listen and I was hooked forever!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it was Death Symbolic that turned me. That opening riff sent chills down my back and the vocals "I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself..." Just seemed to fit perfect. I was cranking it and playing it to my then wife who just looked at me like I was nuts. I went and tuned my guitar down a full step that day.

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Yeah, it was Death Symbolic that turned me. That opening riff sent chills down my back and the vocals "I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself..." Just seemed to fit perfect. I was cranking it and playing it to my then wife who just looked at me like I was nuts. I went and tuned my guitar down a full step that day.

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1000 [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                              one of my first death metal album,and the best so far!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                yes , I myself had to get used to these kind of vox styles a while back. Sometimes the music is just way too exceptional not to appreciate .. Necropahgist , along with Alarum , Arsis , Broken Hope , Capharnaum and mant others ..are all in the same league in my opinion..

and when you start to listen to this harsher stuff more and more you will see that there >>IS<< Good and Bad death vocal styles..some sound like cookie monster ...Max Cavelera is a cookie monster to me...but others get lumped too easily in that category without merit...

singers like Dan Swano and many others...have a very diverse vocal style and can sing clean as well as harsh..

Mr. White...No I heard of Insomnium ...I have insomnia ...But I haven't heard them yet...but I will investigate pronto now because of you...

For something really different with extremeley great guitar playing ...WINDS....they are very enjoyable to listen to at times...when everything starts to sound the same...I like bands that really break away from the norm and are truly original..like Symbyosis..which sound like a cross between Nevermore and Death's most intense material..

Coroner was the very first band that got me into the harsher vocal style...their genius was to blatant and awesome to deny...one listen and I was hooked forever!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bill, I'm gonna check out those others you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X