No announcement yet.

Prog bands with a death metal sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prog bands with a death metal sound.

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, it was Death Symbolic that turned me. That opening riff sent chills down my back and the vocals "I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself..." Just seemed to fit perfect. I was cranking it and playing it to my then wife who just looked at me like I was nuts. I went and tuned my guitar down a full step that day.

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really started liking Death when Spiritual Healing came out. I liked the way Chuck cleaned up the vocals a little from Leprosy, which I also liked. I've been meaning to pick up Symbolic for some time now. I'll probably go get it this weekend.

Comment

Death's Symbolic is Godly... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Yeah, it was Death Symbolic that turned me. That opening riff sent chills down my back and the vocals "I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself..." Just seemed to fit perfect. I was cranking it and playing it to my then wife who just looked at me like I was nuts. I went and tuned my guitar down a full step that day.

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1000 [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        one of my first death metal album,and the best so far!

[/ QUOTE ]

my first death album, and my fav (probably because it impressed me so much).
        I sharpened my teeth on guitar with it because I learned about half of the songs in a row.
        Chuck never fails to influence musicians when they get into Death... RIP!

I can't add anything because Bill alone has already covered about ten times more than what I could have recommended. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I'll just add a vote for Necrophagist. These guys are unbelievable.
        It's too bad that Muhammed got health problems now, so they had to cancel all tours... I desperately wanted to see them on March 28th supporting Morbid Angel... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Death's Symbolic is Godly... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          +1 I love that album!

Comment

Working...
          X