Anyone Seen Michael Schenker Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Seen Michael Schenker Live?

Wondering what he was like live. I have never seen him live since I live in Minneapolis.
    He has no shows here coming up from what I can tell.

Probably my favorite guitarist when it comes to tone, vibrato, feel, emotion/expresion and being a melodic player.

There are faster guys out there for sure but none more expressive in my opinion. And I think he has the finest vibrato in the business.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Anyone Seen Michael Schenker Live?

Awesome show and I think P-stang has some of it on video ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'm not a big Michael Schenker fan, but it was a good show. Though I do have to say, Michael doesn't move around very much. But his bass player more than makes up for it.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I saw him live in 1984 and he was awesome.

Saw him with UFO a few times in the late 90s and did a great job.

Saw him a the Night of the Guitar show during NAMM. He just stands there but plays everything note for note. His bass player, Rev Jones, is an animal on stage. I watched him more than Schenker!

Comment

I saw him on the Unforgiven tour a few years back. He played a mix of old UFO songs and Stuff from the MSG years. Incredible guitar player!

Comment

He was offering lessons for $200 per hour for a while at his Phoenix AZ location.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

His bassist is in a band called Black Symphony....no I haven't been able to locate his work..

We talked for more than an hour at the bar...we have the EXACT same influence (Tony Levin in the King Crimson dicipline era)...and very similiar styles...No it was not Stu Hamm....or Barry Sparks...it was the guy that toured with him on the Arachnphobia tour , his name evades me.....he was a good bassist...and a cool person to bang mugs with..

Michael...doesn't move around much or and is nothing to look at live...but he is the man...he's in total command ...one of the very best indeed!

seen him like about five times now since 1982....he always delivers..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Saw him in 1978, then again at the NAMM show 27 years later!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw Schenker with Uli Jon Roth last summer here in Chitown and he was awesome. Very consise and really fast when it was required. Yeah his bass palyer is insaen but an awesome player. Plus got a glimps of the Dean Schenker V before it was announced publicly that ne signed with Dean.
                  The guitar looks awesome. He did play his Gibson all night but the Dean was back stage in a stand. Uli rocked his old ass off and did a song with MSG at the end of the night.
                  Gil

Comment

I saw UFO on the Lights Out tour, then MSG with McAuley on the Save Yourself tour. Michael was great both times. He doesn't move around much but desn't need to either. Just made it easier to watch and learn.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I saw McAuley Schenker Group with the guitar player from Talas playing rythm guitar. They opened for Rush on the Hold Your Fire tour. I don't remember anything about MSG, they must have been underwhelming.

Comment

He joined the Scorpions onstage here in Arizona a few tours ago...I want to say in about 1999 or 2000. I think he played Coast to Coast with them. I wasn't blown away, but he wasn't up there very long.

Comment

Seen him twice. Great player, one of my favorites. My only regret was that he and Uli didnt jam together when I saw em.
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Saw him in 1978, then again at the NAMM show 27 years later!

[/ QUOTE ]

You did see him?? When you got to the club you disappeared! Not to be seen until the show was over... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                            I saw McAuley Schenker Group with the guitar player from Talas playing rythm guitar. They opened for Rush on the Hold Your Fire tour. I don't remember anything about MSG, they must have been underwhelming.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            That was Mitch Perry. A great guitar player in his own right.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

How was his tone live?
                              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X