• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morbid Angel/ Trey

saw them friday night in philly, 3rd time seeing them, best yet

trey broke out a blue warrior [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Morbid Angel/ Trey

I love Morbid Angel. They are perhaps the best band in that genre I have seen live.

Comment

Good band, but its too bad that their newest release had such poor production quality.

My only real gripe with them is that whenever they come and play they almost always play the same setlist.

Comment

this time they went back to all pre-tucker stuff.......i would have to say that they were definetly the best for their genre out of all the death metal bands i have seen........i'm still amazed how good they sounded
        trey is amazing!

Comment

I'm gonna see them march 25th, can't wait! I've never seen em before, so hopefully it's gonna be a blast!

Anders
          https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Morbid Angel is one of my favorite bands. Their old stuff, like Blessed are the Sick, is their best work. But, their new stuff is pretty good too.

I agree their latest album has poor production.

Comment

The Eddie Van Halen of death metal...
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like Altars Of Madness, Covenant, Formulas Fatal To The Flesh, Gateways To Annihilation, and the song writing to Heretic but not the production.

[ QUOTE ]
                The Eddie Van Halen of death metal...

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.

Comment

Gotta say, the are THE BEST in their genre. Been seeing them since '92. Saw them Sunday & Monday night here in NYC. The best sounding death metal band I've seen at BB King's; and for the last year-and-a-half, BB's has been booking lots of bands in the heavy genre.

Seen Morbid a lot of times (lost track - gotta be almost 20 times) but last Sunday & Monday night, seeing them gave me the chills. That vibe they had was back.

I do hope they stick it out together and write a new album; and NOT just do this tour to cash in.

Comment

Ah...I remember seeing them on a heavy bill with Death and Deicide back in the day...had to be on the "Altars" tour.
                    I miss David Vincent....the dude just reeked of sickness!

Comment

"I miss David Vincent....the dude just reeked of sickness!"

Heeees baaaack...

David has been touring with them and I assume he is back in the band. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Ah...I remember seeing them on a heavy bill with Death and Deicide back in the day...had to be on the "Altars" tour.
                        I miss David Vincent....the dude just reeked of sickness!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That must have been a great concert! I never seen Death, but always wanted to. Just a thing that never happened. I did see Morbid Angel with the replacement singer maybe 3 years ago in Worcester Mass with Deicide. Deicide started losing my interest after "Legion" as evertything sounded so predictable. Though the intro to "Refusal of Penance" stands the hair up on my arms. I love the whole vibe of that. As far as Morbid Angel, I was very surprised at the performance of the replacement guy. It was a great show.

Comment

All I can think of any time I hear the name is an interview in GW years ago where all he talked about was "the elders" & all this silly "evil" mysticism sh*t!!Good player,silly bs,funny interview!!LOL!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I'm gonna see them march 25th, can't wait! I've never seen em before, so hopefully it's gonna be a blast!

Anders

[/ QUOTE ]

Join in on the Inferno festival and see them one day earlier.
                            Only seen them once before, a few years ago at Wacken open air in Germany. I´m looking forward....... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah Chuck, I agree that it is funny. I often wonder how serious he really is. I mean, doesn't even Glen Benton wash his latex cross scar off his forehead, remove the wig and play golf in his down time?

Comment

Working...
                              X