Morbid Angel/ Trey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Morbid Angel/ Trey

"the old ones",that's it!!LOL!!Now that's f'n funny!!

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]

If the bottom point faces up, it's called a pentacle and is a witchcraft/pagan sign.
      if it faces down, it's a pentagram.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
      A pentacle has a single point upwards and is encircled. A pentagram is the same ( single point upwards) but is not encircled.

Comment

BTW- if the star is upside down (two points or "horns" upwards) it can also be called a pentacle/pentagram or star, but it should be distinguished that it is "upside down".
        Most Wiccans/Pagans do not use this symbol in that manner.

Comment

I cant believe they are still touring LOL! I saw them on the Alters tour at a little club in Jersey back in 89 or so. Good show. I still like that album for what it is. I hit the pit when they played "Rites" and if I saw 'em today I would do the same thing! I think I can still play Chapel LOL!

I saw them again at the Limelight in NYC (before it got closed) a few years later. Pretty good perforamce and talk about a freak show (talk about the bar scene from Star Wars!, the metalheads did mix well with the "locals") but no Rites (too much of the then "newer" stuff). Still cool from my memory.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I saw them here in NY quite recently. David Vincent rocked and Trey owned as always. The set list was also great, first couple albums, can't beat that. Although it would be cool if they just played A from start to finish.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ummm...i wouldn't say trey is a satanist...the old ones he keeps referring to are part of the cthulhu mythos...even his last name "azagthoth" is from that...one of the elder gods in the mythos...as for his true religious beliefs?...who knows?...lol...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always heard that his last name was taken after a "vampire". [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                ummm...i wouldn't say trey is a satanist...the old ones he keeps referring to are part of the cthulhu mythos...even his last name "azagthoth" is from that...one of the elder gods in the mythos...as for his true religious beliefs?...who knows?...lol...d.m.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always heard that his last name was taken after a "vampire". [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                According to the Necronomicon (I have this book and just quoted this from it)...

AZATOT is frequently mentioned in the grim pages of the Cthuluhu Mythos, and appears in the NECRONOMICON as AZAG-THOTH, a combination of two words, the first Sumerian and the second Coptic, which gives us a clue as to Its identity. AZAG in Sumerian means "Enchanter" or "Magician"; THOTH in Coptic is the name given to the Egyptian God of Magick and Wisdom, TAHUTI, who was evoked by both the Golden Dawn and by Crowley himself (and known to the Greeks as HERMES, from whence we get "Hermetic). AZAG-THOTH is, therefore, a Lord of Magicians, but of the "Black" magicians, or the sorcerers of the "Other Side".
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i saw Morbid Angel with Vincent about one month ago.

Killer show , Vincents voice was really good . Trey fucked up in where the slime live solo (grrr , my fav MA solo ) and domination solo.

They haven't played any Tucker-era songs ( [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] ) - there was a rumor that Vincent was to lazy to learn 'em [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but i can tell you

Dawn of the Angry transferring into Where the slime lives and then transferring into Day of suffering made the whole place bang their heads [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Man I hate all that spiritual shit.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I saw them opening for Sabbath on the Cross Purposes tour in 1994--wasn't really my type of thing then, though I'd probably appreciate them more now.

Comment

Working...
                      X