Any Stryper fans in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Stryper fans in the house?

I've always liked them. The music and the message.

I heard that the way they got their tone, besides a good Jackson, was by running a 10 band EQ through the effects loop of their Mesa/Boogies.

Comment

I have been a fan since hearing Loud And Clear on Metal Shop in the mid 80's. Like DJROBA/BeachJammer said, great music/message. I caught a Bible at one of their shows, met them backstage twice, and got to have dinner with Michael on his 1st solo tour. I can host a few pics for you BloodSplatter. PM me if you want.
      www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Stryper kicks ass...they are amazing live...the harmonies are perfect..

There is quite a few Christian metal bands I do enjoy...along with Deliverance , Believer , Vengeance , Mortification , Extol , white cross , and a few more..oh yeah..Tourniquet!!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love you guys! *sniff* I had no idea they had this kind of following other than the people that post on the Stryper websites. I've always been a fan. And Michael can shred right along with Oz. IMO, their dual solo's are some of guitars playing's best.

Comment

i know a couple of the cats from leatherwolf from mazzottti's in downtown huntingon beach in the old days.
            i just can't seem to be able to put a stryper cd in a cd player though. i picked one up once but there was this force that pushed me through the dry wall, so i left it at that. i just couldn't take those tunes. i'm not knocking their playing, just everything else-lol
            stryper shows were for the sole purpose of meeting box.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I have the Live in Japan Video from 1985ish in WMV format from the VHS, I need to convert it to DVD. Until I got that, I thought all the leads were Oz. People just don't know that Michael was on too.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have the Live in Japan Video from 1985ish in WMV format from the VHS, I need to convert it to DVD. Until I got that, I thought all the leads were Oz. People just don't know that Michael was on too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got that VHS and you are right on. They have a new DVD coming out sometime this year of the reunion tour. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Comment

I just got an email from Stryper.com, and it appears that the boys are putting a new studio album in the can as we speak. Another tour is supposed to follow.

Comment

Oh yeah, Michael does a lot of the soloing as well as Oz. I see Michael and Oz being kind of like Jeff Watson and Brad Gillis in some ways. Michael is more the fluid soloist, and Oz does the whammy stuff. I have the Live in Japan VHS too. I am a little surprised at there being more fans on here that I would have expected. People here seem to be more into the heavier music. I do like some of the Deliverance, Vengeance, and Tourniquet though, as well as some heavier secular music. Can't wait to see/hear the new stuff coming out.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I just got an email from Stryper.com, and it appears that the boys are putting a new studio album in the can as we speak. Another tour is supposed to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read about that too. The two new songs they released on the last greatest hits compliation "7" were not typical sounding Stryper, but then again, I'm kinda glad they evolved. They were tuned down I believe, but still had solo's and those wonderful harmonies.

Comment

Fan here too. I was listening to their reunion live CD yesterday - great disc except for the six minutes of preaching at the end.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Here are the pics Chuck sent me to post.

Comment

Sweet! No pun intended [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Cool Kramer Paul Dean model in there too!
                            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Big fan since '86! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] They had some great production, but not so good management, like a lot of bands have had. Mike and Oz tear it up. Very good guitar solos. Tim, I heard left the band to return to other ventures just before the Disney World spot last Fall. He's a very good bassist. I got their Live Reunion Tour CD on a pre-release. I don't know if you can wear out a CD, but mine has spun quite a few times. Did you see OZ playing his Wayne guitar. I'm sitting at my computer here surrounded by Stryper press photo's and posters! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thank you for the pix!!!
                                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X