Kee Marcello from Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kee Marcello from Europe

Does anyone know what kind of guitars he was endorsing back in the late 80's/early 90's? They almost look like ESP's, but the headstock is scripted and I can't make out what it is (the yellow one in the "Carrie" video especially). I got the DVD with their videos for $9, and found some of those axes pretty interesting!

Thanks for the help!

Re: Kee Marcello from Europe

I fukking love his playing/tone !!!!!
    His laetst project K2 is a killer and my favorite CD in 2004!!
    So check it out!!!
    He used to use Larrivie( I hoep I spelled it correct) and he had Soloist looking one and also Tee looking one.
    Also he had a Les Paul with Floyd.
    Then later switched with Gibson.

Now He uses Gibson Les Paul Studio bt still got the coolest tone even he now has short hair(maybe shaved?).
    I saw pics from Festival in Sweden and also a live from UK in 2004.

Oh Man!! He is sooooo under rated player.

Comment

I saw new Europe's video yesterday, sounds like Black Label Society
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

And the guitar player (I guess it was KEE) had a black LP custom there.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That is John Norum playing in Europe now.
          Their new album is a BIG disappointment.
          And also John's new solo album which just came out in Europe and Japan last month sounds like BLS too.
          John is always like that.
          He started as Gary Moore/Schenker clone, then shifted to Lynch,Eddie(John played the whole Van Halen album in front me at his apartment in 1992 and even he had a guitar with slanted hum in the bridge position just like Eddie's back in late 70's. Plus he even had a MMEB EVH which later he took the bridge pickup out and installed it in one of his guitars), then Schenker again. Now Zakk.
          Such a great player but ripping others too much!

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, didn't he played in Europe before Kee?

Comment

yeah he did.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

John Norum is the original guitar player until he quit in 86 and replaced by Kee.

Comment

Cool conversation! I liked Kee's playing, but I haven't heard any of his stuff pre- or post-Europe. John Norum was/is an amazing player, but I think he left Europe originally due to wanting to take the band a different direction. I'm betting the new album (I haven't heard it yet...) probably was strongly influenced by him. Especially since I've heard he was into this whole down-tuned thing, and the new album was all like that as well.

I thought Kee might be playing Larivee guitars, but it was tough to tell by the videos because the logog is never crystal-clear. I've never seen any Larivee guitars like those though. I'll have to check out some of his new stuff.

I remember when John left Europe, and Kee replaced him. I was really disappointed, and after the next album, I was a little disappointed, so I never got any of their other stuff. I WANT IT NOW THOUGH!! I'm on a "hard rock/80's/melodic rock AOR" kick right now. BIG TIME! I just picked up a Blue Murder cd this afternoon at Cheapos for $7. Gotta like that!

If anyone has the Europe cds and wants to part with them or can make me some cdr's, please PM me. I'd appreciate it.

Comment

If you like Melodic Rock AOR, you should check Fair Warning from Germany.
                    They were huge in Japan.
                    Also Last Autumn's Dream.
                    Thier Self titled Album and "2" are great too.
                    And of course, band like TNT is a must to listen.
                    I usually check bands from Europe for Melodic Rock stuff.

Also, this website is a killer site to check all these bands including MP3 samples.
                    http://www.melodicrock.com/

Chris, I've got tons of stuff I can share with you via net.
                    PM me.
                    Maybe I can upload couple of new songs of Kee for you.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

This is the same Europe that did "The Final Countdown" ?
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Yes.
                        They don't sound like what they used to though.

Comment

Interesting. I remember that tune from years ago and just couldn't get past the singer....

BTW Toru...the Vandy is AMAZING !! It's so damn clean i can't stand it....

Comment

Did you receive the trem bar from Lee?
                            If I knew you would be interested in Europe, I could have made some CDRs for you and put them in the package..

Comment

I did get the bar..thanks a lot. I did have a question about the strap pins. Are they actually strap locks?
                              I got the guitar on Thursday. THREE days after you sent it. Not the 5 or 6 like we expected. The guitar is really gorgeous man. I can't find a flaw in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X