Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stratovarius ?

Travis, you should.
    Fans of Stratovarius(check the band's forum)think Vision is the best Album of the band then albums like Infinite and Destiny.
    Intermission is the strange one since some songs are cover tunes.
    You should check "The Chosen Ones" which is a Best Of Stratovarius and released in 1999 I think.
    So it covers the albums you don't have. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      A while back my friend let me borrow his whole Stratovarious collection for the weekend and the only songs that I liked were stratosphere and speed of light. Do any of you listen to/like the band Kamelot? They are personally my favorite Power Metal band. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, listening to the Album "Black Halo" Promo CD I just downloaded.
      It sounds like Symphony X!
      I liked the songs like "Black Halo","March Of Mephisto","When The Lights Are Down" and "Nothing Ever Dies"
      I wanted to hear more Guitar Solos though.
      I dig the guitar solo of "Nothing Ever Dies" a lot.
      I really like the sound and Rhythm playing of the guitars.
      I want more!
      [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The guitar solo's aren't very groundbreaking stuff , but melodic and very fitting to the songs. Go to their website here http://www.kamelot.com/audiovideo_en_mephisto.htm and check out the video for The Spell. That is one of their better songs and personally one of my favorites!

Comment

Thank you for the link!!!
          I will check it out soon!!!

Comment

I used to be into Stratovarius last year when I was digging the Power Metal scene..now I have moved up to Death Metal..hehe

Comment

I'm gonna go see them when they hit NY. Into eternity is opening so it should be an amazing show.

My take on them is that they need to get rid of that bat-sh*t crazy guitar player and throw in someone with a bit more creativity. I hate to say it but there's a sameness in everything he writes that pulls the band down. Also consider that they have Jens and Timmo K and are not just out there ruling hte powermetal worlk ... WTF is that? Oh, and what's with the bass playing going back to a 5 string bass? Don't tease me with a 6 string and then go back to 5! You gotta maintain stringage dammit!
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

you guys ever heard of empyria before ? they did some stuff on noise records and nightmare records . great prog band ! we are working with the guitarist mike kischnick right now on our new cd we are working on . he's got a couple of solos on there he did for us and he's producing it with us as well he's done all the clean vocals on our album as well and the keyboards and guitar synth , fuck we are starting to sound like a prog band now lol , he's also got a band called new horizon 4 that is doing a cd now too with some of the old members from empyria , I play guitar on the when the world is running down police cover as well as the death type vocals on it . the new horizon 4 cd is real good not real harsh prog like empyria but a little bit of blk label mixed in . not sure witch label is picking it up yet. anyway back to main topic lol ....even though I play death metal type of stuff or thrash or whatever , staratovarius and symphony X are 2 of my faves for sure , I think destiny from strato and the odyssey from symphony x are 2 of the greatest cd's I own ! //Steve

Comment

Steve, I will have to check that band out!

Symphony X, yea, they are killer. Love all their albums and can't wait for a new album.
                  The guitar tone on Odyssey is my favorite.
                  I want some of that and tone of Element Part 2.

Odyssey, was it done by Engl Powerball? I read it somewhere on Stratovarius Forum.

Comment

I like Stratovarius

my fav albums are Visions and Destiny

Don't mess with rhapsody! they'll slay you with their magic dragon swords!
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Kamelot is fantastic. The Fourth Legacy is one of the best power-metal albums of all time.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i thought mike romeo used mesas on that one ? either way yes that album [the odyssey] is the best by far of all thier albums and the cleanest production ever out of their studio ! I was just listening to strato elements part 2 tonight in my honda "odyssey" lol , killer album ! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I was thinking Romeo always used Mesa Triaxis pre in the studio then someone mentioned he used Engl Powerball in the studio for that album..

Element Part 2 isn't a great album of Stratovarius but the guitar sound of Timo on that album is great!
                          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

cool much better than the mesa lol //Steve

Comment

I was "pretty" sure that Romeo used the Vetta 2 on that CD....

Comment

I knew Romeo used Vetta for tours but never heard or read he used it in the studio..
                                Also someone said he used power amp section of the Vetta and Mesa Preamp for the live.

Comment

Working...
                                X