Jackson sighting at Cryptopsy show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson sighting at Cryptopsy show!

Dan Mongrain from Martyr is playing with Cryptopsy on their current tour (in place of Jon Levasseur) and played a couple Jacksons last night, including what looked like a really sweet custom warrior (some sort of thin looking gray/silver finish (allowed the wood grain to show through, but wasn't a normal trans finish, at at least didn't look like it to me), and what looked like custom inlays, although I didn't get a very good view of them (he was on the opposite side of the stage from where I was). There were ALL in top form, Flo took a drum solo (ending it with the bit than Bonham ends the drum solo in Moby Dick with), Mongrain kicked all kinds of ass, and Lord Worm was his usual chipper self, handing out worms from his chalice and introducing Cold Hate, Warm Blood as a song "maybe about abortion, or maybe it's a ghost story!"

All-around awesome show! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] (actually the opening bands that I saw (missed the first one) pretty much sucked, but I'm gonna ignore that since cryptopsy was so great [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Re: Jackson sighting at Cryptopsy show!

Cool, I'm gonna check em out. Pickin up my ticket this weekend

Comment

Did he have his Red Warrior?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I almost went to that show...at the Galaxy though.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

damn ... i want Cryptopsy in Europe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Meh, you got Vader, Behemoth, and Dies Irae...all in one country!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

We want more:P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Not that I saw, just the custom warrior and an SL2H [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  you got Vader, Behemoth, and Dies Irae...all in one country!

[/ QUOTE ]

i just saw behemoth last tuesday - the soundguy should be literally IMPALED - everything was drowned by the bassdrum :o

Comment

I saw Cryptopsy @ Santa Galaxy few days ago. Killer show..Got one of floes drum sticks.I too saw the Warrior.It looked like a trans finish to me.

Comment

I'll be going to the Cryptopsy show on the 24th. I'll keep an eye out for that Warrior.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Not that I saw, just the custom warrior and an SL2H [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

at the santa ana show.He didn't even pull out his SL2H,damn..he can do some wild windmills with that hair!

Comment

It's not a custom Jackson, it's a Liberatore( like the one that Piggy from Voivod used to play)his old warrior wasn't roadworthy anymore.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            It's not a custom Jackson, it's a Liberatore( like the one that Piggy from Voivod used to play)his old warrior wasn't roadworthy anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            oooh, cool! (makes sense, with the whole canadian thing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) anyone have any pictures of piggy's liberatore? (I can only turn up pictures of blacky's bass http://www.voivodfan.com/bass.htm )

Comment

Local photography guy took some shots of the show. You get a really good shot of the guitar in the first picture on the right.

http://www.shadows.com/gravemusic/li...05/index.shtml

Comment

Working...
                              X